I know a guy from Preston,Lancashire called Jeff,travelled around Australia for a year,fished for eels one night and got his weight snagged,pulled the rod back hoping the compression would free the weight,he only has one eye nowadays :icon_eek:

I've had the usual hooks in fingers were someones gone past and caught the line with there feet :wallbash: I've also lost a fair bit of tackle :thumbdown: Top 3 sections of a pole, I left the pole in after not having much all day, ran round the other side to the phone and saw this "stick" going down stream. Few seconds later I realised there was no current in this lake and it was my pole :censored: Also lost the top section of a rod. I cast out, the line caught on something and snapped taking the top section with it :whistling: No serious injurys luckily. Whenever I get snagged just turn around and walk forwards with the rod flat to the line.

Almost happened to me once but with a 35gram weight. I was fishing a small lake casted to far side straight into some bushes after a few hard twitches and tugs it finally

come free, only to come shooting past me at eye level and missing my head by a few inches i actually felt the wind pressure when it went past my noggin. Quite lucky

really as i could of lost eye learn my lesson now though. :yes:

If you get snagged on something on the other side of the lake, pond etc. The best way to retrieve the end tackle is to place the rod tip under the water and walk back slowly or keep putting more tension on to the line ensuring the tip stays under the water.

By doing this you can be sure that the lead wont come flying past your head !! The water will slow the lead right down, allowing you to retireve the tackle by reeling in as normal.

If you get snagged on something on the other side of the lake, pond etc. The best way to retrieve the end tackle is to place the rod tip under the water and walk back slowly or keep putting more tension on to the line ensuring the tip stays under the water.

By doing this you can be sure that the lead wont come flying past your head !! The water will slow the lead right down, allowing you to retireve the tackle by reeling in as normal.

Never skipped stones :black eye: :whistling: