serious off road Tyre pattern

Guest ragumup

I had Bf all terrains n my Navara Ian but changed them General grabbers and to be honest I can't tell the difference..except in my wallet ;)

I used general grabbers on my pick-up. I changed to these after having BF mud terrain, and I think the Grabbers are a much grippier tyre.

Guest ragumup
yeh mate the insa turbo special tracks are quite noisy on the road,,but they have been on that long now im used to it.Done quite a few thousand miles on them and they dont seem to have worn at all,worth every penny

Just out off interest what did you pay for them ? paddocks do them for 50 /60 quid each for three sizers but the size i wonted (wide and not to high 245 70 r16) 100 pound each :icon_eek:

Thats well cheap mate is that 265 70 r16 or 265 75 r16 ?

yes mate 265/75/r16

here a link to john craddocks wheel/tyre packages, click here

They have a set of four 265 special tracks fitted and balanced onto a set of 8 spoke rims for £361.70,,im guessing that prices is without VAT @ 17.5% But they offer free Uk delivery

I had Bf all terrains n my Navara Ian but changed them General grabbers and to be honest I can't tell the difference..except in my wallet ;)

There the 80/20 not the 50/50 simo, the AT's wouldn't do me for winter...

Heres what I've been using, I find them spot on off road and on road... There a bit more money than the remoulds but they don't create much road noise, have great wear life and the traction in mud is great especially with the digger lugz.

How did you find the MPG Ian after putting them on?

Barely noticeable at all, or any additional road noise, the rides unaffected too.... might be because its a defender though, hardly a luxury cruiser :D

I've had Generals on 4x4's before and althought there slightly less in price I found they wear quicker... I agree though the BF's are expensive, but I prefer them over remoulds for my own use..... although I'm not overly concerned with wear, I just like the BF muds as an offroad tyre, thats pretty comfortable on the road as well for me...