what is the best shotgun for a 13 year old shooting rabbits

hi i am 13 and live near Edinburgh and want 2 shoot some pigons rabbits and for ferreting what is the best shootgun for me my parents know

Edited by kx100

yeah go for a 20 mate, easy on the shoulder and big enough spead for you to get into em rabbits.

i started on clays at 11 and some b*****d slipped a 34g cartridge into a 12 i was trying :censored: ... my shoulder was all blue and it made me flinch for a while after

he missed some holiday time though because i b**ch slapped him into next week :feck:

so yeah stick to the 20 with 21-24g for the moment mate

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

go for bigger power gun higher kill rate

Who told you that, more shot agreed, My 14 yr old son is a demon with his 20 shooting a 24g load he will kill anything that i will ,and regulary hits 75-78 ex 100 at sporting do not be fooled by the " little 20 bore"

• 2 weeks later...
i could kill further with my 12 bore than he could with his 20 bore thats just obvious differrent power, maybe he has better shot than you... :clapping:

Your forgetting the original post it went something like this ... what would be the best gun for a 13 year old to start with for rabbit shooting , and for you to suggest 12g to a 13yr old who has possibly never shot before shows that you know even less than the rest of your posts suggest you do , so stop thinking you know it all and listen and you might learn something from people who have been hunting twice the time you are old stop talking s###e

Get your parents to take you to a clay club and ask to try a few gun's i got my 13 year old a .410 but he was big built and he moved up to a 20 bore so to stop you wasting cash try before you buy mate

• 2 weeks later...