81 replies to this topic

#16 heart of wales

heart of wales

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:54 pm

Timjim for you just in case you get lost :whistling: :icon_redface: Directions to the Heart of Wales

Travel along the A470 To the town one street seven pubs a chinese a keebab shop an Indian and a Spar called Builth Wells it will be signposted with AA signs

go over the bridge past the garage and Burger King (unless your hungry) Turn left at the roundabout Royal Welsh Showground is in front of You
carry on up that road past the suzuki garage on your left Take the next in on your right after the showground it will be signposted Heart of Wales :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Ha ha only joking look forward to seeing you

#17 timjim

timjim

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 736 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:15 pm

Timjim for you just in case you get lost http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... Directions to the Heart of Wales

Travel along the A470 To the town one street seven pubs a chinese a keebab shop an Indian and a Spar called Builth Wells it will be signposted with AA signs

go over the bridge past the garage and Burger King (unless your hungry) Turn left at the roundabout Royal Welsh Showground is in front of You
carry on up that road past the suzuki garage on your left Take the next in on your right after the showground it will be signposted Heart of Wales http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

Ha ha only joking look forward to seeing you

LOL, its ok i went to the one earlier in the year, so i should find it, mind you i wasn`t driving that time :clapper:

#18 Timid Toad

Timid Toad

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:37 pm

he he he get a sat nav tim im sure your dog knows the way by now even if u dont :whistling: also for people who are interested there is a seperate bedlington show on on sun and bedlington lurcher classes added to the lurcher show :clapper:

#19 heart of wales

heart of wales

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:00 am

For the Simulated Coursing on Sunsay entries will be taken from when the Gates open at 9am there will be a 32 dog stake which will start at 11.0clock prompt.
There will be Hurdle racing and Long Jumping Both Saturday and Sunday

Judges for the
Lurchers Joe Pollack Hereford
Terriers Neil Bevan Swansea

#20 Calli

Calli

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:15 pm

Can anyone tell me which is the best day to visit?

I am over from Co Galway with my two saluki and two kids and it sounds a fantastic event?

#21 heart of wales

heart of wales

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:02 pm

I am over from Co Galway with my two saluki and two kids and it sounds a fantastic event?

Saturday I would love to see those Saluki coursing

#22 Calli

Calli

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:24 pm

Saturday I would love to see those Saluki coursing

Sadly they are still youngsters...7 months

But we will still be there!

Left the terriers at home - parsons and borders - rat pack patrol...

#23 heart of wales

heart of wales

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:06 am

Look forward to seeing you are you staying nearby or are you just over for the day

#24 onelesscharlie

onelesscharlie

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:15 am

Look forward to seeing you are you staying nearby or are you just over for the day

Hi A.W.

Any of youre trade stands selling shotguns?

Col

#25 wunwin

wunwin

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:10 pm

Hi A.W.

Any of youre trade stands selling shotguns?

Col

As ive asked else where, with all this rain will the show be ok? How much rain can it take?

#26 Strong Stuff

Strong Stuff

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:53 pm

As ive asked else where, with all this rain will the show be ok? How much rain can it take?

Just got off the phone to one of the organisers, I asked about rain etc, he tells me that most of the rain in Wales misses Builth Wells as it falls on the mountains, but anyway the field was drained last year and planted with clover, should be fine whatever the weather.

Forecast is for sun on sunday.

See you there!

Just sorted a good pitch and a TENT at last!!!

#27 timjim

timjim

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 736 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:49 pm

am a bit undecided about the camping, weather and birth of some terrier pups permitting lol

#28 wunwin

wunwin

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:32 pm

Just got off the phone to one of the organisers, I asked about rain etc, he tells me that most of the rain in Wales misses Builth Wells as it falls on the mountains, but anyway the field was drained last year and planted with clover, should be fine whatever the weather.

Forecast is for sun on sunday.

See you there!

Just sorted a good pitch and a TENT at last!!!

Cheers for that, i will be booking a B/B for the weekend.

#29 heart of wales

heart of wales

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:19 pm

As one of the Main organisers and Land owners I cannot stress enough this Show will go ahead,as the Land is ours we do not have to worry about the land owner,The Ground has not been touched even by sheep since the Royal welsh show were we had over 5,000 people caravan and camping on it and the weather conditions that week were exellent.The clover and grass is quite deep which will protect the soil underneath to a certain extent.
Main rings and the three dog rings are up cant wait

#30 gedney84

gedney84

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:31 pm

As one of the Main organisers and Land owners I cannot stress enough this Show will go ahead,as the Land is ours we do not have to worry about the land owner,The Ground has not been touched even by sheep since the Royal welsh show were we had over 5,000 people caravan and camping on it and the weather conditions that week were exellent.The clover and grass is quite deep which will protect the soil underneath to a certain extent.
Main rings and the three dog rings are up cant wait

can't wail until sunday to get there.ha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)