• 1 year later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

What's best bait to use for mink? And should I set the trap on the very edge of the river bank or close by?

Up to you but if the river rises your traps will be covered and you might no catch set near by and a few pigeon feather's at the entrance as there easy seen and will move about in the breeze

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Where I trap I only use live traps because the otter have slowly moved up to my area

So pleased last year to see young otter tracks

No need to worry about Otters! Lott's of them on the the rivers I trap, and never caught one in kill traps!

An Otter is a large animal, keep your tunnel small and narrow the entrance! Even if one did get a foot caught, it'd shake it off like a mouse trap on your finger!

On Glenn Waters mink trapping video, he tells how an Otter kept setting off his traps, and proceed to take the bait!

Only way he could keep him from setting off the traps, was to stop using bait!

Now maybe there's a small chance of catching Otter kits during the summer, ( I don't trap during the Summer months), but this time of year, no chance!

• 2 months later...

Mink are like rats & squirrels - they just can't resist a tunnel...!

Unfortunately for them, I've found that they seem to really like small square wooden tunnels about a foot & a half long with a Fenn in them, which rapidly sorted out our mink problem. Thankfully, we've been completely mink free since then (touch wood & fingers crossed).