Hello im 13 and ive had an air rifle since the start of january last year but havent been using that often till recently and have ben fascinated with hunting so i was wandering what sort of thing should i be looking at hunting for a young beginner also can you eat things like squirrel and rabbit also ive read you dont need a license to shoot pest spieces like rabbit rats squirrels etc this is the rifle i have is it any good for hunting? http://www.wellcoolstuff.com/thestore/prods/WL1AR.html

helllo mate im as young(year older 14) as you and this is a good forum. you will learn alot from here if you ask questions. firstly you can eat squirrel and rabbit but first you must practice before shooting live quarry you dont need a liecence to shoot pests with a airgun unless the airgun is over 12ftlbs you will be able to go on your own permission on your own when you turn 14 but untill then you will have to be with your dad/step dad mum ect someone who is over the age of 18 i dont now much about your rifle as it dont tell you the power or anything so i wouldnt like to say its suitable to shoot rabbits rats squirrel...

ATB Gilly.....

Edited by gilly-1993

allright bud (bit older than you 15) its just a standerd westlake B2 i have the .22 version and its good for poping off rats feral pigeons and woodies but wouldn't bother about rabbits, try getting some cash together for ya birthday or something and go down to local gun shop and look at the 2nd hand ones, you dont want to go spending loads of dollar strait away. like gilly says practice practice practice, when your confident only then can you fire at live quarry HEAD SHOTS allways. theres plenty of good advice to be had on here mate good luck to ya and happy hunting

PADDY

Edited by paddy.t
allright bud (bit older than you 15) its just a standerd westlake B2 i have the .22 version and its good for poping off rats feral pigeons and woodies but wouldn't bother about rabbits, try getting some cash together for ya birthday or something and go down to local gun shop and look at the 2nd hand ones, you dont want to go spending loads of dollar strait away. like gilly says practice practice practice, when your confident only then can you fire at live quarry HEAD SHOTS allways. theres plenty of good advice to be had on here mate good luck to ya and happy hunting

PADDY

RIGHT YOU 3-----------BED ---ITS LATE------- :thumbs: HAPPY SHOOTING BOYS

PADDY

RIGHT YOU 3-----------BED ---ITS LATE------- :thumbs: HAPPY SHOOTING BOYS

Just going early one tomorro :clapper:

What sort of power you gonna be needin to take down a rabbit was going to a second hand shop anyway to pick up a handgun i ordered on monday got 200 saved up should get a descent one for this shouldnt i?

£200 should be plenty, and i would go for full 12ftlb cant fail then mate. any other questions fire away :victory:

Yeah will do been practising all the time after school usually so i will keep doing it till it impoves and when i feel confident enough and im sure i will get a headshot and not have inured quarry limping off everywhere i will go for it ofcourse alot of practise will be put in though

• 2 weeks later...

Dont take that gun near a rabbit. Its fine for barn pigeons when they are not in flight but im not so sure about the 177. as i have only shot the 22. calibre model. By a decent springer and then get out shooting. also try and go out ferreting its great fun!!