.22 centre fires

Guest Ash

After a discusion on other forums i thought i would bring the question here.If the law in england changed would you think the .22 centre fire was a good wepon for the small deer eg CWD MUNTY AND THE ROE. I HAVE USED ONE FOR YEARS AND WOULD BE VERY UPSET IF THE LAW WENT THE OTHER WAY.

I previously thought that they would be ideal for smaller of the Deer specie`s and more than suitable for a dual fox/Roe twist munty/ chinky gun.

But i changed my mind viz when you mentioned that anyone would be able to shoot Deer with out taking a Deer Stalking coarse.

Does this mean i've got to book my dog on dsc level 1 before he can catch a deer :lol:  :lol:  :lol: i'll say it before anyone else dose he never catches em anyway :no:  :( i'm not leaving myself that open boys :p  :p  :p

no burnie lad but if or [bANNED TEXT] your dog does catch a deer do you know what to do or will you stand there like some open mothed school kid thinking what now. Or will you take it home and end up with some illness TB etc or worse :haha: i agree lads but the calibre dont mater i got my .270 before i new shit and i know a chap that just got his 30.06 and hasnt shot anything ever. Dont it make you think before you go out for a walk :whistle: :whistle:

the pics for you chris shot with a .222 win the smallest level for roe shot at 100 yards.225530.jpg

Fair one Vizzer... it does the job.

When you do the DSC... is it one of these tickets that shows you know how to pass the test or is it something that the messers can't get?

Never hit the deer with anything so this is completely new territory for me but some tickets aren't worth the paper they're written on and I'm wondering whether the blaggers can slip through?

Does a DSC make you a deer stalker or does it give you a piece of paper that allows you to try? :D

Edited by ChrisJones

CHRIS IT IS A TEST THAT TELLS YOU YOU HAVE THE KNOWLAGE AND YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO SHOOT PROPER. YOU ALSO HAVE A GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF SAFETY. BUT DONT TELL YOU ACTUALLY HOW TO DO IT THE PART TWO DMQ OR DSC DOSE THAT.252491.jpg. :angel:

So you have to be able to shoot to a very high degree to get the DSC part 2?

Sounds like that level of proficiency is worth attaining if you value your craft.

Going back to the original point of thread... do the current calibres, suitable for deer, need a DSC? What I mean is, if I was to shoot deer would the land have to be cleared for the calibre and would I have to produce a DSC to support my application?

your land would need to be cleared for that calibre. but at the moment you dont need a deer managment qualification but the police are starting to ask for it on a volantary bassis. If you dont have it they are saying it would be a good idea and would help your application. :icon_eek: :realmad:

I dont think it is nessasary mate experiece is what it realy is about but its got to be taught proper the dmq was not about [bANNED TEXT] i started deer stalking so i had to fumble in the dark and no doubt some deer did suffer at my inexperience and i did waist more than a couple of llb of meat .If the dmq or dsc can put stalkers or would be stalkers on the right track from the start imo its got to be the right thing to do .my only complaint is some basterds are cashing in on the whole thing and i hate that lol unless its me of coase. :D