crossbow hunting

. . . . . .

I guess it's not beyond the bounds of possibility.

The buggers had a longbow in their hands as soon as they were old/big enough. Practice was compulsory by law. Still is compulsory i believe. . . . .its one of thoses things that are still on the statute books somewhere, if memory is correct (it'll just need a bit of sniffing out, like - but its there :thumbs: ) .

. . . . . .

I'm no bloodhound of course, I have to say. ;)

Cheers,

Grim

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that guy must loose several hundred shafts a session,I have shot out to 100 yards on a range,but he is something else,there used to be a YOUTUBE clip of a guy taking a mule-deer at if I remember correctly 104 yards,but the clip was pulled after negative comments. :icon_eek:

Got any pics of hunts or your bow DP?? Nope you can't hunt with any bow over here, I would love to get out hunting with one though.

Here's a quick picture of my horesbow,

and my thumb rings. The leather is my ring of choice.

post-20026-1215316876_thumb.jpg

post-20026-1215317034.jpg

Got any pics of hunts or your bow DP?? Nope you can't hunt with any bow over here, I would love to get out hunting with one though.

Here's a quick picture of my horesbow,

and my thumb rings. The leather is my ring of choice.

Is that what you'd call a 'Reflex bow' by any chance? I was looking at some bows online a few days ago.

Personally i think it should be allowed as long as the person goes through some sort of training ....etc....

I agree JD. I think a proficiency and safety test should be applied to everything shooting related, then they could do away with the 12ft/lbs limit.

Isnt there still some sort of ruling that an english archer can shoot a welshman on the welsh side of Offa's Dyke providing he hands the ears over to the local sherriff(old bill) :hmm:

It's actually an overlooked law in both Chester and Hereford. In Chester it's still legal to shoot a Welshman, with a crossbow, providing it's from inside the city walls and after midnight!

Hereford, on the other hand, only observes Sunday as a closed season. :D You can take pot shots from Cathedral Close, at the Welsh, any other time providing it's with a bow and arrow. :clapper:

I'll still be all right! you'd need a big fecking bow to hit me from either of those towns, on a Sunday or not! :laugh:

post-8371-1215349947_thumb.jpg

Do your worst, you filthy English dogs! :laugh:

What you interested in?I was actually chatting to someone last night,we were out looking for new permission,deer everywhere,he asked me would my bow be able to drop a sika,I told him very much so were it still legal,I think I might be winning him round to getting into archery :victory:

What you interested in?I was actually chatting to someone last night,we were out looking for new permission,deer everywhere,he asked me would my bow be able to drop a sika,I told him very much so were it still legal,I think I might be winning him round to getting into archery :victory:

I'm not sure which type of bow I'd like to be honest. I've always wanted to get into archery, just never done anything about it. Maybe one day when funds allow, I'll take the plunge! For now though, I just enjoy reading things like the history of the bow, it's uses in battle & for hunting, etc. More of an interest than a hobby at the moment. :thumbs:

Is that what you'd call a 'Reflex bow' by any chance? I was looking at some bows online a few days ago.

Just like everything, there is a lot of talk about what qualifies a bow to be a reflex/deflex design, and I suppose that I also have my own opinion. If you have the Limbs molded to bend away from the string I will call it reflex, then to have a deflex generally it is a bend or force molded to counter act the bend away from the string, most of the time it is in the handle. The bend in the limbs are usually close to two thirds of the way to the end of the limb. The reflex/deflex design allows for a very narrow limb and high speed, and as such gives very little handshock.

Not to be confusing, but for any bow other than a single stave longbow, or perhaps a single flatbow, has a reflex or a deflex in it's design. But the bows that incorporate both seem to be the most efficient. Of course, it can be technically argued that many different designs of recurves, as well as other bows, can be classified as reflex/deflex, but I feel that one particular design seems to be the epitome of the class. But that is only my opinion.