Talking to a mate who does are lot of ferretting in the dales and he told me that he had 13 rabbits and 8 were carrying young and went up a couple of days later, near the same land and got 21 and none had young. Strange in't it. Got one of those Long Eared Rabbits :whistle: :whistle: on saturday and it showed signs (fur missing, cuts to face, bloody nose) that it had been Boxing.

We are long overdue some bad weather this winter...when will it arrive do you think..???...im hoping for the last week in feb as i have that week off work!!! :yes: i cant stand those bloody sleety, cold aprils, better to get the bad weather out of the way now i say...

I was out on Wednesday and the ploughs were bone dry, yesterday and today the frost has set in to make things worse. Could do with some heavy rain to soften the ground up before the season comes to an end.

C u later, i'm of to do my RAIN DANCE :D:D;)

I was out on Wednesday and the ploughs were bone dry, yesterday and today the frost has set in to make things worse. Could do with some heavy rain to soften the ground up before the season comes to an end.

C u later, i'm of to do my RAIN DANCE :D:D;)

Yes it's the same here dry as a bone they are even talking about stand pipes!!!!!!!!!!

Christ its still winter :o

• 2 weeks later...
We are long overdue some bad weather this winter...when will it arrive do you think..???...im hoping for the last week in feb as i have that week off work!!! :yes: i cant stand those bloody sleety, cold aprils, better to get the bad weather out of the way now i say...

Well you got your wish Mr Darcy, its like f*****g siberia in lincs this week the wind is coming straight from the Urals & it doesnt go around you!!!!!!! :ph34r: hope it steadies the rabbit breeding programme a bit though :)

Everywhere around us the signs of spring is in the air.Birds are becoming alot more vocal.Theres flicks of rabbit fur around there sets and both rabbit and badger are having an early spring clean out of there homes.

Over the past week or two woodies and doves have been busy carrying twigs to there sparsly clad nests.Rookeries are as busy as a town senter on a monday morning,and nearly as noisey.Both partridge and duck are well and truly paired up and sorting out there territories.

Trees are budding like mad and the corn is darkening up making it sweater to the local deer,hares and rabbits.Snowdrops are in full flower and daffadills are pushing there way out of there winter prison.

Its funny,every winter i look forward to summer and when its summer i cant wait for winter.I guess ime about sick of this winter.Infact its pissing down now :(

I know its the beggining of March now but i heard a bloody Skylark yesterday!

I do live in the far southwest but im sure this is ridiculously early, as far as plants go weve had daffodills down here for a good5-6 weeks now and catkins on beech trees for about 3!

Guest REDROB

about the 8th of feb when it was abit warmer the robins had made a nest in an old kettle that i put in the hedge afew years back they had 2 eggs, there are still 2 eggs i think the cold spell has put them back abit, i dont no if they will return ,some lads at work said i should remove the eggs, but i dont no if i should.at the time i though it was early for them to start nesting but the weather was warm,