Snare wire

Guest The Big Fish

Guest LEARNER

MOLEY, call me shite ,you cheecky cxnt, you know fxck all about me , and you have definitly not lived the life i live, if you had you might not be quick with your words ,as for the dales, i,ve done a lot less hunting up there, than anywhere else,so get your facts straight, anyway fxck the wire ,i was only trying to save you lot some money , and if you think i have any worries about the lot off your, if you were all ghosts you would,nt give me a shiver.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LEARNER

MOLEY WHAT I SAID TO YOU, IS OUT OFF ORDER , BUT I WANT TO SAY SOME THING HERE, YOU MAY HAVE ALREADY GOT A PICTURE OF ME, IN YOUR HEAD, AND WHAT I SAY NOW ,WILL NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE.

it would be the year 1957, i had been living in vickerwood for about 6 weeks ,and at the time was 14, now the farmer at the time , bred the best shire horses in the country, he knew i was in the wood ,and i supposed tolerated me , one morning he came over , and asked if i would help him , with one off his mares that was foaling, well off i followed, and when i arrivedat the scene , to say i was afraid of what was expected off me , would be a understatement ,infront off my eye,s was the mare on the ground and the back legs off the foal sticking out , with a rope attached, he told me to get hold off the rope ,and pull with him ,well this i did ,but with my eye,s shut, just fear i suppose, well i cannot really remember a lot about it ,only i seemed to pulling a lot, stopping a lot, getting instructions , and pulling , in the end the foal was out, and i would say most off the time my eye,s stayed shut, anyway he said i was a good lad, and after that his wife would shout ,and if i was about she always had some thing to eat or drink for me, now he was a tenant farmer , but kept his mouth shut , as without a doubt ,it would not be long before a keeper came gave me my marching orders, one day i met this tall man ,and he said he was the farmers son , he had a farm on the A6, and would i like to go and do some stone picking for him , well this i did ,now i don,t know iff anyone as done this, but its hard work, and it was starting to head towards winter ,so it was cold on the hands, now my auntie was letting me live at her house, so most weekends and evenings after school, i would be down at the farm mangel cutting and stoning , as well as other things, there use to be gypsies, working as well on the land , but these were proper romanys, and i use to have good times with them, infact i still go and visit one ,who still lives in a caravan now, by now i was milking cows , even driving the horse and cart ,and dropping mangles ,and cabbages off to the live stock in the fields, now i never got any pay for this, my mates thought i was mad, but i loved doing it at the time, now in them days ,there was this class system ,and i knew my place in the order of things, now the farmer had 2 sons ,one 17 and one 15 , now the youngest one who happened to be my age ,made my life hell ,always talking down to me ,treating me like shit really ,the eldest just never bothered with me , and spent most the time at bloomfield college , one day the youngest son came in the milking shed , which i was swilling out, and just started calling me names, i never said anything back ,then he came over and shoved me ,and said lets have a fight , this i did not want ,not because of him , its just in them times , you never raised your hand to people that are suppose to be better than you, then he punched me smack on the nose ,and that did sting, i just lost my temper ,and off we started fighting, in just a few momenents i was getting the better off him ,and was on top ,when i felt a blow to the side off the head ,and for a momement saw stars , it was the older brother, he held me why ,the other started punching seven shades of shit out of me, by now i was crying , not from the younger one giving me a battering ,but the older one holding me, then the farmer came on the scene, pulled his to sons away, grabbed me by my coat ,and frogmarched me to the gate , and told me never to set foot near the farm again, now i was thinking ,hold on a minute thats not fair , so the next morning ,i went and waited near the school ,were the younger off the 2 went, and when he got near ,i stepped out infront ,and said lets finish it , well we got going and i knocked the hell out off him ,then ran like fxck.

RIGHT , when the foot and mouth was at its worst ,i was bricklaying ,at a farm not far from the one , which had cause me a problem ,all those years ago, now the farmer was being ripped of by the builder, infact he done the farmer for 38 thousand pounds ,there was one more brickie on the job 3 ground workers 2 joiners and 2 plumbers, by now the farmer was at his wits end ,has he had packed the farming in , and was trying to get the holiday complex built, before MAY 21, THE following year, he had sacked the builder ,but was getting threats from him, this came to a head ,when one night at aboutb 11pm ,i got a phone call from his mother asking me to come straight away, as her son was on about killing his self ,now this chap had sunk other half a million in this project, anyway i arrives ,sits and haves a cup off tea ,and he says , the builder was coming down in the morning , to wreck the place, i said phone the police ,but the man was to scared , he kept blabbering on about what the man said what he would do to his family if he did, he said he was coming with some lads at nine am , and want some money or else, i told him to calm down, and i would be here with the other lads at 8 am , and would stand by his side ,anyway in th morning off all things the builder phone me and said he had told the other lads to stay away, and would i do the same ,i said no, then i phone all the guys on the job , told them the situation , and they said they would come there by 8 am, well i arrived about 7 30 am, kept the farmer calm ,who now was saying he wanted to pay money to the builder to leave him alone, i said the lads would be here soon, 8 45 am, and still no lads turned up, by now i was getting a bit scared ,this builder was some hard man, 9am, no lads , 9.30 am no lads, 10am , no builder turned up ,but the lads started coming in ,i said were have you been, they said they were waiting up the road to see iff the gang was going to appear, you can take that by face value, well the job got done ,and the farmer paid us a bonus, i still go to his farm today ,and have a natter, and a cup of tea.

SO, this is just a fraction of my life, and if this makes me a piece off shite ,then i suppose i live in a differant world from most, yes i have took wire ,but never when it as been in use, keeping live stock in, infact wether you like it or not, i,ve never took wire ,only thats whats been left now the new plastic stuff ,is being used, i have 2 drums now ,and thats off the farmer ,whose built the holiday home, now this still might not matter to them who want to look for a bit off trouble on this site, and also i want to know what my ferreting in the dales , as to do with this snaring lark, NOW MOLEY YOU CAME AT THE WRONG TIME CALLING ME ,AS I HAVE SPENT THE LAST 2 WEEKS , WORRING ABOUT MY ONLY GRANDCHILD ,WHO HAS HAD A LARGE LUMP APPEAR ON HIS NECK ,AND MY WIFE AND I , HAVE BEEN SPENDING OUR TIME GOING TO VISIT HIM ,IN THE HOSPITAL, HE WAS ALLOWED HOME ON TUESDAY THANK GOD, BUT THO THE LUMP IS NOW DISSAPERING ,I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING AT THE TIME TO TAKE IT FROM HIM ,AND HAVE IT ON MY KNECK, SO YOU BOUNCE ON THE SCENE ,WHEN I WAS FEELING NOT VERY GOOD TO PUT IT MILDLY, BUT THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO SAY WHAT I SAID , NOW YOU MAY NOT CARE A FXCK ,AND SO BE IT, BUT WHAT EVER I WILL NOT BE USEING THAT SORT OFF LANGUAGE AGAIN.

Good post learner and put across nicely, sometimes these forums can be taken too seriously, things can be twisted or misunderstood....hope all is well with the grandchild mate.... ;)

could not agree more Ian and the lil fella being the apple of his Grandad,s eye i hope is nicely on the mend

Learner.... best wishes to the youngster mate!

I tell you what mate... sometimes when i click on forums and see posts that seem to go on forever,i find myself sought half reading them and just scrolling through them.Reading them,but not reading them if you know what i mean?. I dont know what it is about yours though,because i just cant do that. Might be down to a matter of RESPECT i suppose,which nowadays unfortunately some people find hard to understand.

Keep doing what you do mate and enjoying it at the same time!

All the best...lamps

Guest LEARNER

THANKS A LOT, MY BEST MATE , WELL THATS HOW I FEEL ABOUT HIM, IS COMING ON FINE, I KNOW BECAUSE HE,S GETTING THAT CHEEKY GLINT IN HIS EYE, SOME TIMES YOU WISH LIFE COULD BE SO SIMPLE ,I HAVE MET AND MADE SOME GOOD FREINDS ON THE LURCHER SITES ,AND THAT AS BEEN A BONUS, THANKS AGAIN, I WILL BE WORKING AT BARNARD CASTLE ON MONDAY, THERE FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS, I,LL BE DOGLESS FOR THAT TIME, SO HOPE YOU ALL HAVE SOME GOOD HUNTING, FOR ME TO READ WHEN I GET BACK. CHEERS.

THANKS A LOT, MY BEST MATE , WELL THATS HOW I FEEL ABOUT HIM, IS COMING ON FINE, I KNOW BECAUSE HE,S GETTING THAT CHEEKY GLINT IN HIS EYE, SOME TIMES YOU WISH LIFE COULD BE SO SIMPLE ,I HAVE MET AND MADE SOME GOOD FREINDS ON THE LURCHER SITES ,AND THAT AS BEEN A BONUS, THANKS AGAIN, I WILL BE WORKING AT BARNARD CASTLE ON MONDAY, THERE FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS, I,LL BE DOGLESS FOR THAT TIME, SO HOPE YOU ALL HAVE SOME GOOD HUNTING, FOR ME TO READ WHEN I GET BACK. CHEERS.

learner , i hope your grandson makes a full recovery and its a pity you have had to go thru a lot of shit lately,

at the start of you posting on here , it was you that claimed we all live in cloud coockoo land , now i don,t like being called a coockoo , just like you don,t like being called shite, if your happy with your wire then fine , but don,t insult the rest of us for useing other stuff,i know about stress caused by someone close to you that is suffering, and feeling totally helpless , but it aint our faults , if it has helped you by takeing out your frustrations on us then so be it,

an interesting and long story , but i seem to have missed the point, wat has it got to do with wat wire we all use ?

Learner i thought who the fecks that when i first noticed the name??

But when you wrote that you were 14 in 1957 i thought you had got kind of mixed up and meant 24 :D

Then i started to think who on earth could be that old,lol.

But the Bricklayer bit gave it away right away.

I still have something of great value that you gave to me which i shall never part with..

I wish you well and i hope your little lad makes a fast recovery and keep well yourself..

Respect :good:

all of this over some wire each to his own. i used to use wire taken from old houses and the eyes from shoes, to make make a free running snare , but each person has there own method on making snares and the material they want to use

Agreed Shaun :good: which has led to a character *cant spell it LOL* assinination

on Learner which is not called for when he was doing the job [bANNED TEXT] some of you were born :friends:

to you Young chaps patience grasshopper ;)

Guest Geordie

Wasn't gonna post on this subject,but what the hell :p

My father used to use that string that they use to bale the hay with,dread to think what people would say to him if he was postin on here :icon_eek::D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hawkaholic
Wasn't gonna post on this subject,but what the hell :p

My father used to use that string that they use to bale the hay with,dread to think what people would say to him if he was postin on here :icon_eek:  :D

:friends: hey my old man didnt need snares he could do it with his stealth and his own bare hands :icon_eek: ! lol was that after he had his wheatabix :hunter: however i do remember him coming home on his push bike with a brace of game round his neck ! rabbit hare and the odd phesant he never ownd a gun so i guess now that it was wire he used :cry: i can even remember him spinning wire in the living room , he had a lump of wood and wire he used to spin the wood and make snares lol it was a good few years ago and at the time i never new what the f**k he was doing , thinking about it now , it all fits into place ! :D he was feeding his family and doing so with his bare hands ! and not getting cought by useing his stealth :angel: ..........