best feed for a greyhound

Guest silenthunter
what is the best food to give to a racing greyhound?
spoaked red mills racer with cooked 1pound in weight beef mince with 5 slices of brown bread teared up over then mix all together thats the way i use to feed my old racers that i use to run at flappin tracks

I never understood the glucose added to food.Not even when i did it myself because thats what you did.If a dog has it for breakfast will it not add to its weight if the dog does not burn off the quick energy it produces.Is it not a short term boost perhaps better given just before a sprint if anything rather than when the dogs sitting in kennel.

:yes::yes::yes: Given about an hour before a race it will give the dog a definate boost but longer, up to around five hours then it will take the edge off of the dog.

i never realy new why my self was just what i was told to feed the dogs when i was younger bye my grandad . what do you mean take the edge of the dog after around 5 hours ? boost the dogs energy for around 5 hours then the dog cant be ar*d basicly or ....

i never realy new why my self was just what i was told to feed the dogs when i was younger bye my grandad . what do you mean take the edge of the dog after around 5 hours ? boost the dogs energy for around 5 hours then the dog cant be ar*d basicly or ....

It is highly likely that if you give them a few spoonfuls around one to five hours before running the dog will run below par.

If the dogs body has an excess of something it will reduce the ammount available, after a few hours of having glucose the dogs blood sugar level will fall below what it should be & the dog will feel lethargic.

I suppose a very small ammount wouldn't make much difference but i wouldn't be certain of it.

this is diffrent i know but its similar you ever tried drinking red bull at the gym if you sip it whilst training you do get a bit of a boost but if you down the can before training and it wears off you feel tired and carnt be arsed so i dont bother having it at all now. wear do you all get your mince from with out it costing you an arm and a leg.

you feel pritty light headed if you drink the hale tine so a ken what you mean now .

i get my mince from the butcher frozen bag 30 odd bags a pound in weight for £12 plus as much bones as i want although they are mostly leg bones so only any use for a bit chew on . used to get a big bag about 15 lb bags out of it for £4 at the dog track but the boy stopped doing it.

• 2 months later...