Hello!

I'm a big fun of English Bull Terriers and i'm researching on the web images or videos of BT used for hunting wild boars (or other).

If you have anything please let me know!!

I know of somebody in Florida still using this breed to hunt hogs and i saw a pictures of a BT used in Australia (which i cannot find anymore on the web).

Thanks!!!!

Andrea

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm a big fun of English Bull Terriers and i'm researching on the web images or videos of BT used for hunting wild boars (or other).

I know of somebody in Florida still using this breed to hunt hogs and i saw a pictures of a BT used in Australia (which i cannot find anymore on the web).

Thanks!!!! ha mate , bull terriers make good hard holders and can find a handy pig , but they are better crossed with a grey hound type and then back to a scent hound . i hunt with 1/2 airedale 1/4 grey hound 1/4 blue heeler now and they are good steady finder bailer type dogs . i am going to try a bit of bully . 1/2 airedale 1/4 scottish deer hound 1/4 english bull terrier , these should have plenty of hunt , speed to burn and hard stop and bail . [not shy to hold a bit to ! ] cheers dion

Andrea

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks!!!! ha mate , bull terriers make good hard holders and can find a handy pig , but they are better crossed with a grey hound type and then back to a scent hound . i hunt with 1/2 airedale 1/4 grey hound 1/4 blue heeler now and they are good steady finder bailer type dogs . i am going to try a bit of bully . 1/2 airedale 1/4 scottish deer hound 1/4 english bull terrier , these should have plenty of hunt , speed to burn and hard stop and bail . [not shy to hold a bit to ! ] cheers dion

mate if i had 1/2 airedale/grey/blueys that didnt hold i'd be a bit concerned

with those breeds it should be holding

as for pig pictures, have a look at Ozziedoggers - pig hunting with pigdogs in Australia

but wait till tomorrow, the sites not avaialble at the moment

Edited by DiStuRBeD
  • 8 months later...
Hello!

Thanks!!!!

Andrea

Hello!

Thanks!!!!

Andrea

i have a beautifull english bull for sale kc registerd 8 month old housetrained let me know if your intresred
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest thebusiness

Yeah but EBT's can be bad with dog aggression, I've seen videos of Pits being used on hog hunts and they interact well the scent dogs. I know what I would use givin the chance pal.

i can count on one hand the number of guys here that use EBT. in all cases the dog just sort of fell into their lap & they decided to give it a go. fortunately they did the job well enough. but most folks use pits because they are cheap not because they are best. really most dogs of bullbreed will try to do the job. i can go to the pound/shelter and for $200 or less pick up 3-5 generic "pits" and put them on a hog the same day. at least 1 will do the job good & at least two will be okay as long as they aren't catching alone. not to mention i can look on the net or in the paper & find a couple free to good home at least 2-3 times a month. and i can pick up crap bred dogs for under $200 & well bred ones for $500. now consider i can't find an EBT for less than $500 (crap bred most likely) and usually more like $1200-1500. which would you spend your hard earned money on?

Yeah but EBT's can be bad with dog aggression, I've seen videos of Pits being used on hog hunts and they interact well the scent dogs. I know what I would use givin the chance pal.

and pitbulls arent bad with dog aggression? :wallbash:

and pitbulls arent bad with dog aggression? :wallbash:

read the whole thread. he was replying to someone who said americans used EBT because pits were dog aggressive.