20 replies to this topic

#1 hunterbull

hunterbull

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 02:02 am

Hello!

I'm a big fun of English Bull Terriers and i'm researching on the web images or videos of BT used for hunting wild boars (or other).

If you have anything please let me know!!

I know of somebody in Florida still using this breed to hunt hogs and i saw a pictures of a BT used in Australia (which i cannot find anymore on the web).

Thanks!!!!

Andrea

#2 dion burgess

dion burgess

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:40 pm

Hello!

I'm a big fun of English Bull Terriers and i'm researching on the web images or videos of BT used for hunting wild boars (or other).

I know of somebody in Florida still using this breed to hunt hogs and i saw a pictures of a BT used in Australia (which i cannot find anymore on the web).

Thanks!!!! ha mate , bull terriers make good hard holders and can find a handy pig , but they are better crossed with a grey hound type and then back to a scent hound . i hunt with 1/2 airedale 1/4 grey hound 1/4 blue heeler now and they are good steady finder bailer type dogs . i am going to try a bit of bully . 1/2 airedale 1/4 scottish deer hound 1/4 english bull terrier , these should have plenty of hunt , speed to burn and hard stop and bail . [not shy to hold a bit to ! ] cheers dion

Andrea

#3 marky r

marky r

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:26 pm

have you tryed the boarddogs website.

#4 BlueCoyote

BlueCoyote

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:16 am

you mean this guy?

Edited by BlueCoyote, 05 August 2008 - 01:55 pm.

#5 DiStuRBeD

DiStuRBeD

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:23 am

Thanks!!!! ha mate , bull terriers make good hard holders and can find a handy pig , but they are better crossed with a grey hound type and then back to a scent hound . i hunt with 1/2 airedale 1/4 grey hound 1/4 blue heeler now and they are good steady finder bailer type dogs . i am going to try a bit of bully . 1/2 airedale 1/4 scottish deer hound 1/4 english bull terrier , these should have plenty of hunt , speed to burn and hard stop and bail . [not shy to hold a bit to ! ] cheers dion

mate if i had 1/2 airedale/grey/blueys that didnt hold i'd be a bit concerned

with those breeds it should be holding

as for pig pictures, have a look at Ozziedoggers - pig hunting with pigdogs in Australia

but wait till tomorrow, the sites not avaialble at the moment

Edited by DiStuRBeD, 31 July 2008 - 08:24 am.

#6 shazdre

shazdre

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:33 am

Hello!

Thanks!!!!

Andrea

#7 shazdre

shazdre

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:41 am

Hello!

Thanks!!!!

Andrea

i have a beautifull english bull for sale kc registerd 8 month old housetrained let me know if your intresred

#8 theferreter

theferreter

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:37 pm

they seem 2 be using english bulls alot in america for boar hunting an they look well up 2 the job tough as f**k :thumbs:

#9 spep21

spep21

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:46 pm

they seem 2 be using english bulls alot in america for boar hunting an they look well up 2 the job tough as f**k http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

I agree mate they are tough as f**k!!!

#10 Guest_thebusiness_*

Guest_thebusiness_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:11 am

Dont know why they use EBT's in the USA when they have access to Pits.

#11 marky r

marky r

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:43 pm

might be to do with dog agression mate!

#12 Guest_thebusiness_*

Guest_thebusiness_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:57 pm

Yeah but EBT's can be bad with dog aggression, I've seen videos of Pits being used on hog hunts and they interact well the scent dogs. I know what I would use givin the chance pal.

#13 Pops

Pops

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:23 pm

i can count on one hand the number of guys here that use EBT. in all cases the dog just sort of fell into their lap & they decided to give it a go. fortunately they did the job well enough. but most folks use pits because they are cheap not because they are best. really most dogs of bullbreed will try to do the job. i can go to the pound/shelter and for $200 or less pick up 3-5 generic "pits" and put them on a hog the same day. at least 1 will do the job good & at least two will be okay as long as they aren't catching alone. not to mention i can look on the net or in the paper & find a couple free to good home at least 2-3 times a month. and i can pick up crap bred dogs for under $200 & well bred ones for $500. now consider i can't find an EBT for less than $500 (crap bred most likely) and usually more like $1200-1500. which would you spend your hard earned money on?

#14 bullmatt

bullmatt

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:02 pm

Yeah but EBT's can be bad with dog aggression, I've seen videos of Pits being used on hog hunts and they interact well the scent dogs. I know what I would use givin the chance pal.

and pitbulls arent bad with dog aggression? :wallbash:

#15 Pops

Pops

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:18 pm

and pitbulls arent bad with dog aggression? http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

read the whole thread. he was replying to someone who said americans used EBT because pits were dog aggressive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users