what scope

Guest jarvey

If you haven't worked it out already jarvey, lampingking, mikeb511, guevara, wingshooter and a few others.... ...do I need to say more....Just in case anyone is in any doubt look back over a few recent posts...

I'm not going to get involved with THIS idiot any more, he needs medical help.... :bye::bye::bye:

Guest jarvey

deker how about you open your mind mate. i entered this forum to get expert advice and opinions from as many people as possible. i entered this forum with the idea of getting a .17hmr rifle but after the very large number of posts i read i decided to change my mind and not waste my money. im very sorry if i wasted anyones time but the large number of different opinions on this forum made me change my mind. the whole idea of this forum is to get advice from people who know more than you so im very sorry if i wasted anyones time whilst trying to decide which rifle would be best with me without wasting my hard earned money. and dont tell me to piss off. you dont know me so dont be judgemental

If you haven't worked it out already jarvey, lampingking, mikeb511, guevara, wingshooter and a few others.... ...do I need to say more....Just in case anyone is in any doubt look back over a few recent posts...

I'm not going to get involved with THIS idiot any more, he needs medical help.... :bye::bye::bye:

Malvern Jones, the plumber from the valleys was another one........

Guest jarvey

deker considering you've been taking a keen interest in my posts i thought i'd do the same for you and i have to say your a moody f****r. you need to lighten up and stop trying to embarass other people who are less experienced than yourself. smile mate, it might never happen

Unfortunately animals dont stay still when wounded for a second shot, they run like the proverbial 'Scalded cat', sometimes even when the first shot was a good one, especially deer. Wounded animals don't make good advertisements for our sport, neither do unrecovered dead animals which have died later as a result of their wounds.

That what MATT stated above is spot-on, I used to go shooting Down in Devon quit a few years back, pheasant shooting, the rules down there was if you wounded a bird you had to find it, no matter what, if it took you all day,

Jarvey,

What are you actually going hunting for at those ranges, if it's fox, that doesnt seem very sporting to me!

Fox at 400 yards is bloody difficult. Far harder than any target on a range.

Stick a tennis ball up at 400 yards, when you can hit that 8/10, you're ready to try a fox at that range. Scopes need to be very high mag (24) with good optics. So a Bushnell is really the minimum I would recommend to regularly do that job.

You need to get closer...

Fox at 400 yards is bloody difficult. Far harder than any target on a range.

Stick a tennis ball up at 400 yards, when you can hit that 8/10, you're ready to try a fox at that range. Scopes need to be very high mag (24) with good optics. So a Bushnell is really the minimum I would recommend to regularly do that job.

You need to get closer...

i wouldnt have it on full mag at 400 yards mate. you notice your movement more on high mag 16 would be about right.

but your right 400 yards is a long way and inless you can hit a target consistant at that range i wouldnt shoot on live vermin at that range.

i mite be selling the bushnell soon mate as i have seen something else that i have my eye on to fit on my centrefire :whistling:

• 1 month later...

leupold vxiii+, simmons wtc 6.5-20x50,bushnel elite 4200,nikon monarch,burris.

sme may be a little over your budget but all used are with in.

you should have no problem with buying a bushnell elite 4200,simmons wtc-aetec,nikon monarch but your £70 short of getting a high mag leupold vxiii 6.5-20x40efr, i would also look at zeiss used.

i would op for all life time guaranteed too

Edited by martin1