used to be getting permission to hunt hogs was easy. now everybody is trying to cash in on the fad. for a dog with grit, catching and killing a coon as an adolescent will boost his confidence especially if he finds it himself. so walking golf courses at night is a great idea.

just make sure that those 'coons aren't likely to carrying distemper or rabies. check your regional data on this!

thats a given. but good point. most hunters i know of get their dogs vaccinated again such things. you can order those shots and do them yourself. the only problem with that (and not having a vet do it) is if your dog happens to bite someone, you dont have proof of the vaccs and your dog will be locked up.

or thats what i heard.... i have never had that happen to me, thank God

• 3 weeks later...

here's a little update on the dog that went to spain, here at 11 weeks

blue1.jpg

with his 'mum' just about to send him packing to his new home (before the tears!)

casona4.jpg

and this is the little female I traded him for, underweight after sour tummy at 9 weeks (this female now in US)

road1.jpg

I'll get some other pics of the other pups at 12 weeks this weekend for those of you who like the pics.

cheers!