Fox taking cats

Guest Geordie

Guest Geordie

Ive sort of nicked this from another forum :p

Ive seen a fox carrying a dead domestic cat,but thats not to say it killed it,could have just been roadkill.

Has anyone any experience of actually seeing fox trying to kill cats,seems a bit far fetched to me,but then ive only ever handled 2 fox and so dont know that much about them.

Wouldnt have thought it was in a foxes nature to target an animal which can defend its self so well :unsure:

Its well known around me keeper mates. They use them for attracting foxs to shoot or snare. Apparently ye don't even need a dead cat. Ye just need its guts :lol: One of them was telling me that he had dumped some cat up on the fell and it snowed the day after when he was tracing. He found some fox prints followed em and it lead to the pile of rocks where he had dumped the cat. ;) Just one of the many stories :D;)

Smudge

Never tried it myself but its a known keeper thing if you want to get a fox [bANNED TEXT]'s giving you problems to bury a dead cat just under the surface and sit up and wait for it :o Don't know if its a old wife's tales or not as i said i never tried it my self :search: :search:

I've seen a fox stalking a cat in next doors garden, on the estate I used to live on. The old dear wasn't the best on her pins so I used to move the milk off the front step and take it round to the back door. It was about 6am in summer.

As I walked round the side of the house I could see the brush and I got within a few yards of it before it even knew I was there. Cracking condition for an urban... but the cat was shitting itself and trying to get away through the hedges.

Anyway a scuffed the floor with my shoe and it turned round and saw me... I side stepped and let it run up the path I'd just come. Tiddles got a by through that round!

Soft c**t I hear you say... well yeah but I didn't fancy rugby tackling it with 3 glass bottles in my hands, only to miss and look like a bigger soft c**t! :lol:

There was a nice little earth near where i live. Most years theer is a litter born within its tubes..we were watching them one night when we saw a very large dead black cat left out for the cubs....now this spot is quite far from any houses so god only knows where it came from!....JD

Never seen a fox with a cat but when I used to do some part time keepering at my local shoot I saw a fox carrying a live piglet from the free range pig unit next door. It leapt straight over a fence with it still squeeling. A few days later I found the earth. Next to it was a small pit with 4 partially buried piglets in it :no:

They do say that organic meat is best though eh!! :D:)