few photos

Hi mate some nice photos there of some good productive days,I dont mind a bit of crow and pigeon shooting myself I sometimes shoot with a mate of mine he's from your neck of the woods and really into his decoying i am quite local aswell living in caerphilly.

funnily enough i am doing a fair bit of shooting with a lad from that way,lowermachan,think that how you spell it,more air rifle shooting with him but he certainly got his eye in and putting some stuff in the bag,all the farmers would f cut down our way this weekend and i had a phone call of 2 farmers today saying they finishing there cuts through the night,so i am hoping to get out a few evenings this week with the shotgun and the airrifle,what do you usually shoot over regarding crops mate?this year we got a few barley and rape fields,just a matter of timing it right when they cut it,hoping for a good year on the pigeons,going to cost a bit more now though as price of cartridges has gone up,we are paying 170 for a thousand eleys,numbers,5,6,you know of anyone cheaper than that let us know mate,will chuck some photos up in the airgun section later of what we had last few weeks,speak soon,kev

funnily enough i am doing a fair bit of shooting with a lad from that way,lowermachan,think that how you spell it,more air rifle shooting with him but he certainly got his eye in and putting some stuff in the bag,all the farmers would f cut down our way this weekend and i had a phone call of 2 farmers today saying they finishing there cuts through the night,so i am hoping to get out a few evenings this week with the shotgun and the airrifle,what do you usually shoot over regarding crops mate?this year we got a few barley and rape fields,just a matter of timing it right when they cut it,hoping for a good year on the pigeons,going to cost a bit more now though as price of cartridges has gone up,we are paying 170 for a thousand eleys,numbers,5,6,you know of anyone cheaper than that let us know mate,will chuck some photos up in the airgun section later of what we had last few weeks,speak soon,kev

hi again kev, we shoot over a mixture of crops aswell ,barley, wheat,rape and also the odd field or two of peas, but i find it hard to fit everything in as i enjoy a bit of terrier work,lurchers,ferreting and rough shooting and through the summer i try to thin rabbits out in areas where they are thick on the ground,where do you do most of your shooting ? I do most of mine up around hereford and abergavenny.

hi again kev, we shoot over a mixture of crops aswell ,barley, wheat,rape and also the odd field or two of peas, but i find it hard to fit everything in as i enjoy a bit of terrier work,lurchers,ferreting and rough shooting and through the summer i try to thin rabbits out in areas where they are thick on the ground,where do you do most of your shooting ? I do most of mine up around hereford and abergavenny.

lol,i am in the same baot as you mate,to many hobbys,got 7 dogs here myself and like you said,it hard to fit it all in,digging all winter and out with the hounds,also do alot of squirrel control and ratting,got ferrets but dont really do a great deal f ferreting to nets no more,just time does not allow it,also coarse fishing,beachcasting,uptiding and now fly fishing,lol,i do a fair bit of shooting up abba as well mate,and alot of terrier work,got some good mates who live up that way,dont do much in hereford myself but i do have 2 good mates who have some nice ground up there,mostly its abba mate and chepstow and also rogiet area for pigeon shooting,out of all of the above crops i would say peas i have found to be great,barley i had somegood days after they just cut but 3 days after i find they move on,luckily one of the farmers have got wheat this year ,never done any crops before on this farm but due to losing all his cattle to t.b he doing wheat,so hoping to get some more shooting ,can see me having a few sick days in work,lol,what shot are you using and what gun?got a few guns we use and mostly no.5.6 we use,32 gram

lol,i am in the same baot as you mate,to many hobbys,got 7 dogs here myself and like you said,it hard to fit it all in,digging all winter and out with the hounds,also do alot of squirrel control and ratting,got ferrets but dont really do a great deal f ferreting to nets no more,just time does not allow it,also coarse fishing,beachcasting,uptiding and now fly fishing,lol,i do a fair bit of shooting up abba as well mate,and alot of terrier work,got some good mates who live up that way,dont do much in hereford myself but i do have 2 good mates who have some nice ground up there,mostly its abba mate and chepstow and also rogiet area for pigeon shooting,out of all of the above crops i would say peas i have found to be great,barley i had somegood days after they just cut but 3 days after i find they move on,luckily one of the farmers have got wheat this year ,never done any crops before on this farm but due to losing all his cattle to t.b he doing wheat,so hoping to get some more shooting ,can see me having a few sick days in work,lol,what shot are you using and what gun?got a few guns we use and mostly no.5.6 we use,32 gram

Hi kev the gun i mostly use is a 12g berreta 3shot semi auto ive also got an old side by side which i use for rough shooting because i am not to bothered about getting it knocked about ive also got an over and under 410, bruno cz .22 rimfire and a bruno cz .222 centrefire and the airgun i use is a weiruach hw .98 .177 , the shotgun cartridges ive been using for a while now are kents 6s and are 32g

i find these great cartridges but not sure if i will be able to get these now because litts is closed down.

Hi kev the gun i mostly use is a 12g berreta 3shot semi auto ive also got an old side by side which i use for rough shooting because i am not to bothered about getting it knocked about ive also got an over and under 410, bruno cz .22 rimfire and a bruno cz .222 centrefire and the airgun i use is a weiruach hw .98 .177 , the shotgun cartridges ive been using for a while now are kents 6s and are 32g

i find these great cartridges but not sure if i will be able to get these now because litts is closed down.

kents are good shells,used them a few years ago,we also use a berreta 3 shot,got 2 baikels and a aya ,got a webley and scott410,never use it though,also a 17 hmr and a 22,not got a 222 yet but it on my old mans ticket,if you stuck for shells mate get in touch,mate selling eleys,no 6s 170 for a thousand,can sort you out some if you want any,speak soon

kents are good shells,used them a few years ago,we also use a berreta 3 shot,got 2 baikels and a aya ,got a webley and scott410,never use it though,also a 17 hmr and a 22,not got a 222 yet but it on my old mans ticket,if you stuck for shells mate get in touch,mate selling eleys,no 6s 170 for a thousand,can sort you out some if you want any,speak soon

Thanks alot kev could well take you up on that offer when i restock much appreciated.

do you do much with the c.z?we often use it when pigeon shooting in the hide,pigeons landing on water troffs to far ut for the shotgun or as we all seen it landing 50 yards off from your decoys,adds a few birds into the bag,rounds have gone up along with everything else though which is a downfall,still trying to resize some photos took with another camera,lol,doing me head in

do you do much with the c.z?we often use it when pigeon shooting in the hide,pigeons landing on water troffs to far ut for the shotgun or as we all seen it landing 50 yards off from your decoys,adds a few birds into the bag,rounds have gone up along with everything else though which is a downfall,still trying to resize some photos took with another camera,lol,doing me head in

hello kev ive taken my rimfire once or twice when decoying for the same use as you said taking out the long range birds which dont want to come into the pattern or are just playing hard to get, how did you get the goose was he just flying over while pigeon shooting ? i shot one once and he didnt half take some plucking. when your pigeon shooting do you use a pigeon magnet or just set up a pattern of decoys because we use a magnet sometimes and it can be lethall for pulling birds in one day and other days it can have the opposite effect and spook alot of birds,anyway i mainly use my cz rimfire for rabbit control on the lamp or a bit of evening stalking which i really enjoy, perhaps we could arrange a days shooting together in the future whether it be evening shooting or decoying for pigeons or crows up one of my farms .

hello kev ive taken my rimfire once or twice when decoying for the same use as you said taking out the long range birds which dont want to come into the pattern or are just playing hard to get, how did you get the goose was he just flying over while pigeon shooting ? i shot one once and he didnt half take some plucking. when your pigeon shooting do you use a pigeon magnet or just set up a pattern of decoys because we use a magnet sometimes and it can be lethall for pulling birds in one day and other days it can have the opposite effect and spook alot of birds,anyway i mainly use my cz rimfire for rabbit control on the lamp or a bit of evening stalking which i really enjoy, perhaps we could arrange a days shooting together in the future whether it be evening shooting or decoying for pigeons or crows up one of my farms .

that would be great mate,have a day on eachothers farms,when pigeon shooting,we have a magnet(whirly),also 3 bouncers,also 1 flapper,and all our decoys are flocked ,self flocked and also hand painted by my old man,we have a dozen shells and a good few full bodys,same for the crows,we have a pecking crow,flapper,and bouncers again,the goose mate,we were in the hide and they landed right in front of us,a good number of them,we took a few photos from the hide first ,will dig them out,i shot a good few geese on our other frms when they been flying over and although i dont eat them myself they feed a good few dogs,the owner of the land rang us and seen the geese had landed in front of us and asked us to shoot them,we only shot the one as we had only 2 shells that were right for it in the game bag,the breast weighs around 12lb in weight on a canada,feeds a good few mutts,seen 15 this week and kept on walking past them,good fun in the evenings with the rim fire,done a good fair bit of lamping with a 22 as well,and they can be great tools if having to thin some rabbits out quiclky,best night was 54 rabbits ,we could of shot more but thinking about gutting them and having to carry more we called it a night,sort a day out soon mate nce the crops have been cut

photo below of a night with the rimfire

post-2422-1213146977_thumb.jpg

that would be great mate,have a day on eachothers farms,when pigeon shooting,we have a magnet(whirly),also 3 bouncers,also 1 flapper,and all our decoys are flocked ,self flocked and also hand painted by my old man,we have a dozen shells and a good few full bodys,same for the crows,we have a pecking crow,flapper,and bouncers again,the goose mate,we were in the hide and they landed right in front of us,a good number of them,we took a few photos from the hide first ,will dig them out,i shot a good few geese on our other frms when they been flying over and although i dont eat them myself they feed a good few dogs,the owner of the land rang us and seen the geese had landed in front of us and asked us to shoot them,we only shot the one as we had only 2 shells that were right for it in the game bag,the breast weighs around 12lb in weight on a canada,feeds a good few mutts,seen 15 this week and kept on walking past them,good fun in the evenings with the rim fire,done a good fair bit of lamping with a 22 as well,and they can be great tools if having to thin some rabbits out quiclky,best night was 54 rabbits ,we could of shot more but thinking about gutting them and having to carry more we called it a night,sort a day out soon mate nce the crops have been cut

photo below of a night with the rimfire

definately sort a day out,i got a nice farm up in hereford for a bit of decoying its good for crows and pigeons only trouble is i got to beat another guy to them no disrespect to him but he got permission on same farm he's retired so got more time on his hands,i find it hard working shifts to time it right so i am up there when the birds are mad keen to get on the fields, had a good day on crows up there last year field had just been re seeded and it was black with crows they wre even dropping in as i was setting up hide i was on my own and managed to shoot 79 and missed twice as many if i had someone with me it could well have been over a 100 bird day ,had some good days on pigeons aswell. jason