can hares and rabbits cross breed

jakk

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well blue hares do go to ground when pushed.Blue hare = White hare , dependes on the time of year what colour they are.moreso brown hare never go to ground.This type is usually near hills , cant run on the flat and pre ban lurchers will easley nail them ! on the hills the answer is , never seen a lurcher that could .up hill there fast .hope thats what you seen.

what about pheasants and bantys then? ive heard yes and heard no.or how about fox and dog?

This is just like a lurcher & terrier show . pre ban when was there there was more deed/dead hares , foxes and deer than i ever seen . I know nothing about hens! and welli will stand done to your knowlage.

thanks for teaching me

many thanks teilky

well blue hares do go to ground when pushed.Blue hare = White hare , dependes on the time of year what colour they are.moreso brown hare never go to ground.This type is usually near hills , cant run on the flat and pre ban lurchers will easley nail them ! on the hills the answer is , never seen a lurcher that could .up hill there fast .hope thats what you seen.

Are you saying brown hares NEVER go to ground ?? Does that include going into pipes, or under tree roots, stumps, etc ?? If you disagree with this, then you have never really hunted hares, because they do, when under pressure.

Cheers.

LOL this old chestnut.....

no they can't and yes, they will go to ground if pushed

i have the theory that they know all of the bunny's runs holes etc

sort of like a map in their head if you know what i mean

seen it can't prove it though

clever animals, much underestimated in intelligence in my view.

cheers

anton

• 5 weeks later...
LOL this old chestnut.....

no they can't and yes, they will go to ground if pushed

i have the theory that they know all of the bunny's runs holes etc

sort of like a map in their head if you know what i mean

seen it can't prove it though

clever animals, much underestimated in intelligence in my view.

cheers

anton

Had hares go to ground in drains many a time when out with pack of beagles,they willswim rivers and lakes too. I heard brian plummer crossed a bulldog with a shizu and got a "bullshitter" :tongue2:

ran several brown hares matey pre ban and yes my dogs put them to ground for definate..

Are you saying brown hares NEVER go to ground ?? Does that include going into pipes, or under tree roots, stumps, etc ?? If you disagree with this, then you have never really hunted hares, because they do, when under pressure.

Cheers.

Spot on! :clapper: