• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 jultaylor1972

jultaylor1972

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:21 pm

pigs and people must be able to inter breed, i meen take a look at Jade Goody http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

Thanks mole catcher!! Ive just spat tea all over my screen!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

#17 chartpolski

chartpolski

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:35 pm

Don't know about a rabbit and a hare interbreeding; but up here in the North Tyne Valley the Roe sometimes breeds with the Hare, resulting in a "Rare" or a "Hoe", depending on the sex;

Posted Image

Cheers.

#18 mole catcher

mole catcher

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:52 am

pigs and people must be able to inter breed, i meen take a look at Jade Goody http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

Thanks mole catcher!! Ive just spat tea all over my screen!! http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

sorry :icon_redface:

#19 teilky

teilky

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:17 am

well blue hares do go to ground when pushed.Blue hare = White hare , dependes on the time of year what colour they are.moreso brown hare never go to ground.This type is usually near hills , cant run on the flat and pre ban lurchers will easley nail them ! on the hills the answer is , never seen a lurcher that could .up hill there fast .hope thats what you seen.

#20 teilky

teilky

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:38 am

what about pheasants and bantys then? ive heard yes and heard no.or how about fox and dog?

This is just like a lurcher & terrier show . pre ban when was there there was more deed/dead hares , foxes and deer than i ever seen . I know nothing about hens! and welli will stand done to your knowlage.

thanks for teaching me

many thanks teilky

#21 nick barker

nick barker

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:50 pm

No they cant

#22 chartpolski

chartpolski

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:05 am

well blue hares do go to ground when pushed.Blue hare = White hare , dependes on the time of year what colour they are.moreso brown hare never go to ground.This type is usually near hills , cant run on the flat and pre ban lurchers will easley nail them ! on the hills the answer is , never seen a lurcher that could .up hill there fast .hope thats what you seen.

Are you saying brown hares NEVER go to ground ?? Does that include going into pipes, or under tree roots, stumps, etc ?? If you disagree with this, then you have never really hunted hares, because they do, when under pressure.
Cheers.

#23 anton

anton

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:56 am

LOL this old chestnut.....
no they can't and yes, they will go to ground if pushed
i have the theory that they know all of the bunny's runs holes etc
sort of like a map in their head if you know what i mean
seen it can't prove it though
clever animals, much underestimated in intelligence in my view.

cheers
anton

#24 cumbye

cumbye

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:26 am

LOL this old chestnut.....
no they can't and yes, they will go to ground if pushed
i have the theory that they know all of the bunny's runs holes etc
sort of like a map in their head if you know what i mean
seen it can't prove it though
clever animals, much underestimated in intelligence in my view.

cheers
anton

Had hares go to ground in drains many a time when out with pack of beagles,they willswim rivers and lakes too. I heard brian plummer crossed a bulldog with a shizu and got a "bullshitter" :tongue2:

#25 night moocher

night moocher

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:35 am

Had hares piped holed and even dive under farm machinery when they have been pushed hard,
its the first place id go with a dog up my ass

#26 bowers1986

bowers1986

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:56 am

hares and deer can mate though ,,ive seen pics http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

Posted Image

:rofl:

#27 bullet

bullet

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:54 pm

funny this, brings me back to a lad who got into lurchers and lamping though hares were females and rabbits were males! :laugh:

#28 wullielennox

wullielennox

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:59 am

ran several brown hares matey pre ban and yes my dogs put them to ground for definate..

#29 BenBhoy

BenBhoy

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:48 pm

lol chartpolski, yeah plenty of hoes round here too on saturday nights!

#30 undisputed

undisputed

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:28 pm

Are you saying brown hares NEVER go to ground ?? Does that include going into pipes, or under tree roots, stumps, etc ?? If you disagree with this, then you have never really hunted hares, because they do, when under pressure.
Cheers.

Spot on! :clapper:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users