i am looking for information on lurcher trainning either in the form of books or online, was a terrier man years ago and for the last 15 years have been a bull breed man, after starting back hunting with terriers i decieded to get a lurcher, she is now 6 months old and she is good on the recall, retrieving and jumping, i really dont know where else to take it from here now as she is too young to start slipping on quarry as i know starting a dog too young can make them loose interest, she is a bull/whippet x greyhound if that makes any difference, please dont turn this into a" why get a bull cross they are so unpredictable" type thread, having spent alot of time with bull n terriers i had to have something with a bit of bull in it, they cannot be matched in my mind for willingness and drive to please their owners

any information greatly accepted

cheers

Tim

i am looking for information on lurcher trainning either in the form of books or online, was a terrier man years ago and for the last 15 years have been a bull breed man, after starting back hunting with terriers i decieded to get a lurcher, she is now 6 months old and she is good on the recall, retrieving and jumping, i really dont know where else to take it from here now as she is too young to start slipping on quarry as i know starting a dog too young can make them loose interest, she is a bull/whippet x greyhound if that makes any difference, please dont turn this into a" why get a bull cross they are so unpredictable" type thread, having spent alot of time with bull n terriers i had to have something with a bit of bull in it, they cannot be matched in my mind for willingness and drive to please their owners

cheers

Tim

Ha Ha! your f*****g priceless you come on shouting your big mouth of at what my dogs capable of and you cant even train a f*****g dog and the one you do have is only 6mnths old. Like I said your a f*****g mindless moronic muppet sheep shagging arsehole! :clapper::clapper: bet your parents are really proud of you! :wankerzo4: :wankerzo4: :wankerzo4:

ah!! mr 8 fox a nite with a herding dog cross ,i have never slagged your dog or anyones dog off, only slagged you off because you are a bull shitter and you are one of the anti-bull cross brigade, and you prefer a herding dog in your lurcher where as i prefer bull and you are very narrow minded when it comes to bull breeds

it is because of people like you that alot of people leave here, is it illeagal to seek advice on training ?

or did your herding dog train itself ?

thanks for the other serious replies guys much appreciated, i will try and get those dvds,

mr undisputed bullshitter is one of the anti-bull brigade that i was talking about in my first post

if you ignore him long enough he may go away and annoy someone else :thumbs:

Only a moron would say bull crosses are unpredictable.............

that means you mr undisputed bullshitter :feck:

Edited by timjim
ah!! mr 8 fox a nite with a herding dog cross ,i have never slagged your dog or anyones dog off, only slagged you off because you are a bull shitter and you are one of the anti-bull cross brigade, and you prefer a herding dog in your lurcher where as i prefer bull and you are very narrow minded when it comes to bull breeds

it is because of people like you that alot of people leave here, is it illeagal to seek advice on training ?

or did your herding dog train itself ?

Narrow minded when it comes to muppets who think they know it all and they aint done shit! I'm not the reason that people leave its moronic comments like yours that stop this from being even semi serious when folks are trying to debate something. You obviously know nothing about collie x's and your living of the reputation of others. You want to slagg someone off do it when youv'e done a bit yourself and have a bit more knowledge of what my dog could or couldn't do!

:

what exactly are you undisputed at besides bullshitting?

what kinda question is that? what exactly am I?

leave it to the PM'S guys if you to want to go toe to toe and in loggerheads , but the title of this topic could well intrest a young lad/lass wanting to know things , and you to shouting it off swearing and blazing , isnt the sort of thing id want my daughter reading if you get me , JMO ,

My appologies mate to you and you daughter but this muppet has it coming and if he's got the bottle I'll go to pm's with him! :thumbs:

cheers

Tim

Ha Ha! your f*****g priceless you come on shouting your big mouth of at what my dogs capable of and you cant even train a f*****g dog and the one you do have is only 6mnths old. Like I said your a f*****g mindless moronic muppet sheep shagging arsehole! :clapper::clapper: bet your parents are really proud of you! :wankerzo4: :wankerzo4: :wankerzo4: CAREFUL WITH THE SHEEP SHAGGERS MATE REMEMBER WE SHAG THEM YOU EAT THEM!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

It's people like undismuppet who make people afraid to post threads! Everyone has to learn, i admit i'm new to all this and like to read posts like this, but then you always get people like this shooting their mouths off! you get this on every forum but at least it's just the odd one or two, I've noticed most people on this forum are happy to help. Pups looking good Tim keep up the good work.