HARE SHOOTING

Please note that The Hunting Life does not condone/promote any of the unlawful activities mentioned in this thread. :D :whistle:

The comments posted represent the views of the individual member and are not necessarily the views of The Hunting Life. :D :whistle:

For further information please read the Terms Of Service that every member agrees to in order to access this forum. :good:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bollocks,

all the farmer is after is money he is not bothered about anything else, he dosent give a shit about the hare or how its taken.

as for the mod not letting people on there land with dogs is bull i know lads who hunt on ministry land at appleby.

as for crop damage hares are never in a single spot long enough to cause much damage unlike rabbits where they dont stray far from there sets which shows up the damage in that area.

its a shame they have to take that amount

ROY CRITCHLEY always stated that 4 hares eat as much as 1 sheep and as for farmers wanting money shaun operation levert was put on around boston and the surounding area's by the farmer's and the police i know lads who offered the farmers big ammounts of money to course on it and they said no.So i don't think they was intrested in money.The british single handed got stopped on south kyme because they couldn't keep the poachers off and state me if i'm wrong the farmers got a £1000 for that so i think that tells you its not all about money :good:

ROY CRITCHLEY always stated that 4 hares eat as much as 1 sheep and as for farmers wanting money shaun operation levert was put on around boston and the surounding area's by the farmer's and the police i know lads who offered the farmers big ammounts of money to course on it and they said no.So i don't think they was intrested in money.The british single handed got stopped on south kyme because they couldn't keep the poachers off and state me if i'm wrong the farmers got a £1000 for that so i think that tells you its not all about money :good:

i knew roy well but thats rubbish, as for the forley why did they put on the legends .

operation leveret didnt work all it did was lose lads there permision.

but thats nowt to do with whats been said here ,

what i'm saying is that the farmer was taking the easy way out by shooting the hares for profit, if he wanted a healthier population of hares thats the wrong way of going about it, then saying the mod wont allow dogs on. at the end of the day the hares the loser :angry:

the ban will only work if you let it at the end of the day its upto us

[bANNED TEXT] profit is in it for the farmer's the price the game dealer give's em so if they shoot let's say 250 hares at £3 each thats only £750 not alot a profit in my eye's.The british single handed got stopped because the year lucky and one of the commons won it jointly on the saturday 20 odd poachers was walking towards em so they never ran the final off because of that. Thats when the farmers said enough is enough .The legends in its 1st year was invite only so they could keep the numbers down :yes: its was the spectators of the single handed who f--ked it up going back on once they saw the amount of hares on it.The same as rippingale and all the other pace the finals are held

As for it been rubbish that roy critchley said and i quote 4 hares eat as much as one sheep i've got him on video saying it one morning before they was coursing at boothy grafooe :good: good dogging don't tell lies (only to the poice)

Guest LEARNER

LOOK THIS POST STARTED, WITH THE AMOUNT OFF HARES TOOK IN ONE DAY, NOW I,VE NOTICE IT IS CLEVERLY BEING SWITCH TO THE POACHERS FAULT, WELL I,LL WILL SAY THIS , I,VE HAD SOME REALLY GOOD DOGS IN MY TIME ,AND SO HAVE OTHERS I,VE MET, BUT NONE OFF US HAVE GONE OUT SINGLE HANDED, AND GOT 177HARES IN A DAY ,AND MOB HANDED ACHIEVED 500 OR MORE, OVER THE MONTHS I,VE READ ABOUT HOW MANY DEER HAVE BEEN TAKEN ,FOX,S HAVE BEEN TAKEN ,HARES HAVE BEEN TAKEN , EVEN RABBITS BEING TAKEN, WHAT YOU TRYING TO DO OR BE SOME TYPE OFF HUNTING HERO,S, FXCK ME THERE,S A COUPLE OFF YOUNG KIDS AROUND ME NOW, MAKING INROADS WITH THE FALLOW HERDS , AND THEY HAVE ABOUT AS MUCH DOG SENCE HAS TONY BLAIR, YOU CAN CALL THE POACHER AS MANY TIMES YOU WANT, BUT THATS WERE THE TRUE LURCHER WORK STARTED, A LOT OFF OTHER GOOD DOGMEN AND I MEAN GOOD DOG MEN, HAVE GONE OUT AND CAUGHT PERHAPS JUST ONE RABBIT THAT DAY, BUT THEY KNOW AND I KNOW ,NO OTHER DOG WOULD HAVE CAUGHT 2, LETS PUT IT THIS WAY, THERE,S PEOPLE BRAGGING ABOUT THIS AND THAT, WELL BRING YOUR 6 OR 8 DEER DOGS A NIGHT, AND HAVE A WALK WITH ME AROUND A LITTLE PATCH OFF GROUND , AND THERE ARE RABBITS THERE AND IF YOU CAN CATCH 6 OR 8 , I,LL TAKE MY HAT OFF TO YOU, DO,NT FORGET THE RABBIT IN MOST EYE,S IS JUST A SIMPLE BEAST, WELL COME ON BOYS BRING YOUR DOGS, I,VE BEEN IN THIS GAME 50 YRS AND LIKE ANY SPORT YOU LEARN WHATS THE EASY MEAT AND WHATS THE HARD, I WILL FINISH WITH THIS, I WAS THE FIRST TO DO A LURCHER SCURRY , AT THE GAME FAIR, I REMEMBER SOME TIME AFTER , A CHAP APPROACHED ME ,AND SAID HIS FATHER WANTED TO MEET ME ,THIS WAS ARRANGED, AND THE FATHER A GOOD SHOOTING DOGMAN ,SAID IT HAD TOOK HIS SON A LONG TIME ,TO CONVINCE HIM , TO HAVE A LOOK AT YOU WITH YOUR DOG , HE SAID HE WAS AMAZE AT MY SKILL,AND COULD NOT BELIEVE A LURCHER COULD DO WHAT HE HAD WITNESS AND IF I TOOK UP GUNDOG TRAINING UP ,HE WOULD BE THE FIRSY TO BUY ONE, THIS BITCH WENT ON TO WIN CHATSWORTH AND THE LURCHER FIELD TRIALS, SO DON,T SELL THE POACHER SHORT, AND DO,NT TRY AND PUT THE BLAME ON HIM ,FOR THE 177 HARES. P.S AND IT WAS,NT ROSIE.

lets not start worrying about pictures and turn into another f*****g smoochers ...............

I agree, the english/welsh members that are affected by the hunting with dogs ban, just post as normal....its the individuals responsibility for what they decide to post....I wouldn't get over concerned about the matter, this is a hunting forum for worldwide hunting talk and topics ... the english hunting ban is a farce....keep hunting lads.. :rocker::rocker:

wrong again burnie, i was with marcus when he drew with wayne, there was one young lad from the leeds area who ran his dog and his father was going to get battered of tony.

that day went pear shaped when waynes bitch [fettle] ran a hare into cover and the slipper said it counted but then he changed his mind after he was pressurised by other people sticking there noses in, and it was like school kids arguing in front of the farmer.

but that has nothing to do with with thread its the ethic of shooting hares.

£3 a hare thats cheap esp if they are sold to the southern dealers.

i knew something went off but people add things on as its told.we use uk game and i'm down south well oxfordshire and that's [bANNED TEXT] there paying i know its not alot but they only give 35p a rabbit and 20p a pigeon that's getting off the subject of HARE SHOOTING :good: