HARE SHOOTING

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think foxxy just gets kicks out of numbers thats not my bag also plays into the anties hands i know all about it was a keeper for 17 yearas i would take quaitiy over bag size any day i have shot hundreds of pheasants over the years but only one sticks out in my mind surelly thats what its about it is for me stuff the numbers game :realmad:

Guest Fenlander

Each to there own and all that ,but NO way is that a photo to be proud of!

tell me this Foxhunter how many were hit and not killed ? because i've seen hare shoots ,and most of the blokes carrying the guns were less than average shots,

and it was the only days shooting they got! and by christ could'nt you tell.

Its a crying shame to see such a slaughter as that !and it just aint sport!

as for pest control i dont think so!

i normaly now write all the best Mick .but not this time!!!!!!!!!

Ps. you new people would,nt like that photo! so why put it up ? all you do is add to the stereotype image that people have of shooters,that of dumb dickheads with no hunting ability,just a lust for blood and killing for killings sake !mind you ,in your case they could be right!

i,ve seen it all whilst beating

I was peppered whilst beating, along with 1 or 2 others and a mates springer. I've still got 1 faint blue mark, (bit of no 6 pellet?) at the back of my knee. It was more than your average soft pattering rain of lead. Proved the body amour value of a well waxed Northumbria in freezing conditions though.... :lol:

The bloke that did it got a bit excited and let fly at a Hare, (after "lunch") :realmad:

The offending weapon was one of a matched pair of Purdeys costing £22,000, :icon_eek: at a time when my 1st house cost me less than £10,000........ :blink:

The twat walked off leaving others to calm things down, think he was embarrassed :icon_redface: and probably a bit offended by what us serfs were calling him.......... :lol:

I hope the Hares were eaten. I like Hares but they are a bit rich, and I couldn't eat 177 whole ones. I'm just thawing a Hare saddle out for tomorrows tea. The bit I had last week tasted rather "heathery" though........... :sick:

fen lander cant you read this was for pest control foxhunter is no novice [bANNED TEXT] he was invited on this shoot and wanted to see what it was like he accounted for 11 hares himself there is no way this land can be dogged because its an island 9 miles long only part of it is shot over and there are still hundreds of hares left the farmer gets all the hares which are shot and also gets paid by the guns for the days shoot this farmer grows mainly cereal crops and these hares have to be shot as there is no other means of control it only takes four hares to eat as much as one sheep so 177 hares equate to 44 . 25 sheep wandering around munching your crops how would you sort out that kind of a vermin problem as for him be blood lusty arnt we all the pics were just a reminder of the day if you dont like the pics simple dont look at them if someone shot 200 wood pidgeon would you be saying oh thats cruel i dont think so it was a once only deal so why moan on about it end of story good hunting all woodga :ph34r:

I don't think anybody's said it's cruel woodga, more like what a waste.

But you make a good point, if someone posts rows and rows of rabbits or pigeons, everybody says well done, so what's the difference with Hares?

I reckon the difference is that rabbits and pigeons are more readily seen as pests that need controlling, whereas Hares are mythical beasts preserved for coursing.......

Had some more Hare tonight, casseroled in beer, nice flavour but the texture of leather despite the long.....low.....slow.....method of cooking.

Woodga you do make a good point there mate but it realy is pissing in to the wind .the hare aint no pest and only becomes so because people land owners shooters let it. The rabbit can breed like feck in one year a hare cant.If that was pest control that would of been only one photo because there would have been lots and lots of days to bring the numbers down and you know it. The hares are left there for mass shoots that these shooters pay for so dont give it pest control crap. Now that lads on here that wouldnt be part of this type of shooint have a right to there own opinion if they think it was out of order then thats there opinion.

Guest Geordie

well the way i see it is this,yes it would be nice for the dog lads to run the hares,but if they aint allowed,then they aint allowed.Simple as that.

Obviously the hares have got to be controlled,and mebbes the farmer/landowner would rather make a bit money for himself having this kind of shoot.

There will always be aspects of hunting that some dont like or would rather seen done in a different way.Its good to have discussion and debate on the computer,but at the end of the day we are all hunters,and at this moment in time we need to be seen to be pulling togeother.

All the best,Van ;)

I know the debate has raged on other forums but should we be carrying on with the 'F*** 'em' attitude? :search: In fact how long can we carry on with the 'F*** 'em' attitude before we're regulated out of existence?

Some very good points have been made so far but with the increasing threat to all forms of pest management should we be posting these sorts of pictures?

I see no reason to control hunting any further than it already has been. In fact the most recent of restrictions is bollocks. The ban on hunting with dogs was based on class war rather than any factual argument but this is a shooting forum and shooting is now the next in line for these political pressure groups.

Now I've seen nothing on these forums that I find offensive. I've been seeing live animals turned into dead animals for a long time. When something is killed be it for food/sport/pest control there is always going to be an element of cruelty. You take a living being and you make it cease to live. It's as simple as that.

Now in fluffy bunny land where the slaughter is done in special rooms, away from prying eyes, what the eyes don't see the heart doesn't grieve. Your average citizen tucks into his/her sunday roast, they wear the latest rabbit fur boots without a care in the world. But when someone starts showing them ugly pictures of dying animals they pay their £3 a month in order to make themselves feel better and hopefully catch the concentration camp guards that allowed such slaughter.

The problem we have is these forums being used as a hunting ground for exactly the kind of images that are used to tug the heart strings and squeeze guilt money from the citizen. Our society is built on hypocrisy.

The Brown Hare Preservation Society would love to use Foxhunter's picture as a political slogan and circulate it amongst it's supporters as 'yet another reason to control....' blah blah blah. <_< And he's donated it free of charge to Hunting Life and smoochers. Nobody needs to get cold and wet following him to remote corners of the country to gather their evidence, they get up, turn on the heating and boot up the computer.

DEFRA employ people and spend millions of taxpayers money NOT ADVERTISING the fact they're exterminating badgers and because of this there's very few cuddly wuddly pictures of old brock with his eyes glazed over and his lifeless tongue hanging out.

Should we be advertising the fact we kill things? :whistle: ;)

EDITTED: To add. I'm not saying we should or we shouldn't but as a moderator I have to make that this place stays legal. I'd like to know what contributors to the shooting forum think about restrictions and law changes in general.

Edited by ChrisJones

Doesn't any one realise that 99.9% of hare shoots take place because of the dogging lads.The keepers find its the only way to keep em off is to get rid of em.Don't worry lads not a anti or anything got 4 lurchers in the kennel and did win the windmill coursing cup in 2001. just no a lot of keepers who get hassle most weekend by so called dogging lads.

Guest Fenlander

Woodga ! i asked Foxhunter a question ,

HOW MANY WERE HIT AND NOT KILLED OUTRIGHT? how many limped off to die slowly? Thats why that aint a photo to be proud of !

still havent had an answer!

cant you read ? i never said it was cruel,did i ?

as for dont we all lust for blood?

you speak for your self but that aint what motivates ME .

You say there is no way this land can be dogged because its only an island 9miles long :icon_eek:

how much room does a dog need :lol:

All the best :whistle: