terrier boxes

Guest hob__ferret

Killemall Im taking a bit of gear to the middlands for the Irish lads all ready ordered through the Countrymans weekly, also taking boxes ect to the welsh for them, its a shame but I can't get any company to deliver my products to Ireland, shame because I know what a big following field sports ect have over there, next year Im hopeing to get over there and do a couple of the show, and Im also planing a couple of trips in the hunting season so will be taking gear over then too

Moorland keeper, you could be right I know the quality of my products,I served my time as a joiner back in the 70s and have worked in in the trade has both bench joiner and cabinet maker any lads that work for me are time served or apprentices and I was untill resently a member of the guild of master craftsmen, our boxes have been stoud on sat on taken to shows and basicly used and abused, my own get left out in the rain (have not been treated) and like I say have been sent all over the country, and when I see one in any ones motor at shows I always introduce myself and have a bit crack, never have I had any one say any thing bad or have a problem, nothing but praise and like I say repeat orders or orders placed by people how's friends have already got one

Cheers Para1 its nice to be nice

Hob dont be too hard on yourself I knew you where a young lad but didn't know you where only 15 so Dupetydog informs me, if you could see some of the cages ect i made as a young lad you would piss yourself, experienece and time are a great teacher stick with it mate, your boxes aren't bad, a few little disign features could do with tweaking but if I give too much away you probably would be taking work of my lads LOL, like I said all is fair in love and war(and business) but when you have put a lot of time and money in to advertising and trying to look after lads jobs (well enough said) you dont really understand untill it happens and one day Im sure you will know the feeling it comes to us all time and time again, people can be underhanded its part of life, but if you can get by with out doing it Hob it makes you a better person, and the things you do you know you are doing them because its all your own work/ideas and gives you pride in your self, and no one can ever take that awy from you

Rant over, if any one is going to the Welsh and would like boxes ect( take a look at my ad in the countrymans weekly) taken down its no problem we will not have a stand there this year but will be there all weekend, having a weekend off to enjoy ourselves and the show for a change

Edited by john hubery

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sound man john il probly be onto you by august and order whats needed as another lad is after a bow back ferreting box and im after a double or a treble terrier box so we will throw it all in together and collect it at the midlands game fair thats it you have space alrite bud!

all the best

Terrier man

This is a picture of my apperenttice micky who wieghs in at just under 16 stone in old money, thats 100 kgs, and 15 bags of sneyeds wonderdog at 15 kgs each all together thats 250kgs. So for one of my boxes to quickly fall apart as said by deputydog, this box that his friend had must of taken some serious abuse, the box in the picture has also been carted about to a few shows one of which was Selby and if any of you where there this year you will know it wasn't the best of weekends, so its been chucked in and out of the van a few times moved around the shop which has just had a refit, used to store smaller items in and after all that it has mick's fat arse is plonked on it every day to eat his bait. So Deputydog unless your mate has a 250kgs+ terrier it shouldn't of fell to bits.

SANY0231.jpg

Now john thats just showing off bud! :clapper: would you be able to make somthing along the lines that can hold 3-4 terriers 1 lurcher to fit in a van instead of geting a terrier box more like one unit ya know? And how much ? if it was to fit a hiace or transit

Terrier man

like i said john i only commented on the box i seen maybe a couple of mistakes on it or maybe it had been mistreated i dont know i just commented on what i had seen no offence to you intended

dont worry i will......... could be a 1 off the box i seen like i said i have commented on the box ive seen if you dont like a bit of critisism your in the wrong game

I reckon he's only on here to Pull your wire John, yours are cracking looking box's mate, nice clean STRAIGHT edges :whistling: , screws not driven into far etc :thumbs:

read my last post john as i said it could of been mistreated i dont know i just commented on the 1 that i had seen and as i said i have been in your shop and your stuff does look good i was more pissed off because you where having a dig at a 15 year old ........................AS SAID NO OFFENCE INTENDED

and as for pulling johns wire im sur if i wanted to do that i could have done it a lot better ..........

am i barred from your shop now john :icon_redface:

Deputydog you must have seen my list for bad people, that was aimed at one block who is probably the biggest knob in chilton and sett about one of the lads when I wasn't in, but no your not barred, Im thicker skined than that, I did 18 years on the doors I have had worse insults that chucked at me, get yourself down Im sure my hurt feeling could be soothed by you spending money LOL