Guest reload

Mixing Complete and meat together is a serious erroer imo.

Complete means 'everything' and complete companys spend millions designing this dried shit for it tobe COMPLETE, why supplement with meat?? Most people do cos they feel sorry for there dogs having to eat the dry crap, so they add something to it.....which unbalances the food and also is a major cause of gastric tortion (bloat) in dogs.

I agree dog will do well on anything being scavengers naturally, this is why they survive on the complete muck people feed them, but they dont do well on it!!

Feed fresh is cheaper and 100% better. If you want the best you go the extra mile IMO

Regarding grass dogs cant break down plants in there whole form so it just cleanses the sytem, puke or poo it out!!

Plant matter is good for dogs in small amounts aslong as it pulverised up!! Also there are medicinal propertys to be considered.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MOLLY
Mixing Complete and meat together is a serious erroer imo.

Complete means 'everything' and complete companys spend millions designing this dried shit for it tobe COMPLETE, why supplement with meat?? Most people do cos they feel sorry for there dogs having to eat the dry crap, so they add something to it.....which unbalances the food and also is a major cause of gastric tortion (bloat) in dogs.

I agree dog will do well on anything being scavengers naturally, this is why they survive on the complete muck people feed them, but they dont do well on it!!

Feed fresh is cheaper and 100% better. If you want the best you go the extra mile IMO

Regarding grass dogs cant break down plants in there whole form so it just cleanses the sytem, puke or poo it out!!

Plant matter is good for dogs in small amounts aslong as it pulverised up!! Also there are medicinal propertys to be considered.

Ditto.

Mine get full furred ungutted bunnies weekly, still eat grass. They also like the weed with the small balls on which stick to everything (we used to call them soldiers buttons as kids)...the leaves are also sticky?

Cant walk my lurcher bitch very far in the autumn, as she spends most of her time picking blackberries :yes: And through the summer in the allotment its, pears, gooseberries and blackcurants she pinches :realmad:

I dont feed veg every meal now, about twice per week, add pure wheat bran when i do. Also cod liver oil and occasionally SA37. Lamb bones about 4 times per week.

MOLL.

Guest reload
Ditto.

Mine get full furred ungutted bunnies weekly, still eat grass. They also like the weed with the small balls on which stick to everything (we used to call them soldiers buttons as kids)...the leaves are also sticky?

Hi MOLLY hows it going :good: There real name is Cleavers and they are a herb with some good properties, Diuretic, a good cleanser of the gut and i think have anti inflammotory propertys.

I only feed raw now, but I would never think of think of feeding meat only. Everyone's entitled to feed what they like, but I feed a lot of veg and a lot of meat and I've never had any bother. I've fed my dogs for performance for a long time and I'm not knocking anyone else, but they've performed....

You can all feed what you like but I know what my dogs do well on. The proof is in the pudding :D

Ditto.

Hi MOLLY hows it going :good: There real name is Cleavers and they are a herb with some good properties, Diuretic, a good cleanser of the gut and i think have anti inflammotory propertys.

Reload, your right round here we call it goose grass ?? when i was a kid i kept rabbits for showing, and if they ever got the shits or a blockage this was feed to them, and it worked it was told me by my taid {grandfather} , never thought of it as a supplement for the dogs anyway a good tread .....meat meat meat ...

Guest CharlieC

thats what we used to call them at primary school, there was clumps of them in the school playing field and you always ended up with the wee sticky balls all over your clothes if you went near them :D

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Geordie

Yep dam interesting too.

So,if a dogs condition improves by feedin what ye feel is best for it,does it naturally follow that the dogs performance improves also??

I dont feed my dog any particular brand or type of grub,but ive been thinking about feedin one of them greyhound complete feeds.The thinking behind that being ,if its good enuff for a racing greyhound it should be good enuff for my rabbiting dog :D

But,after reading some of the replies on here,im tempted to feed raw meat :D

Bit confusing really :blink:

What im really after is feeding her something with as little additives as possible, and which will put her in the best condition physically,and hopefully improve her performance a little ,speed wise. Does diet affect their speed??

Guest rothbury ratter
I only feed raw now, but I would never think of think of feeding meat only. Everyone's entitled to feed what they like, but I feed a lot of veg and a lot of meat and I've never had any bother. I've fed my dogs for performance for a long time and I'm not knocking anyone else, but they've performed....

You can all feed what you like but I know what my dogs do well on. The proof is in the pudding  :D

Stabs you hit the nail right on the head buddy :yes:

Guest reload

Geordie, Complete is for convience and for saving the owner time and the tax free greyhound feed for saving money.

A kennel of racers i know feeds fresh to his best dogs and complete feed to the rest!!

Maybe find what suits yer dog best you know yer dog better than anyone. But i put money on it that if you go the extra mile with feeding and feed good fresh feed you will see your dog in better condition generally :D

Cant garantee it will make yer dog faster :D , but what is part of the pleasure is that you can feed foods to suit the dog and if it is being work hard or not, I feed more red meats in the season for energy and this time of year lower protein basic feed, beacause they aint doing as much.

Dsc00382.jpg

Dsc00374.jpg

minc-tripey2.jpg

I’ve yet to see a dog in bad condition, pictured on this board/thread. So what ever is being fed regardless of dry or raw its working for owner and more importantly the DOGS ! :good:

Its all down to preference at the end of the day.