I wean mine straight onto raw meat, raw bones and vegetables, and they get that all their lives. Just more or less as they need it.

See a 4 week old pup getting outside a chicken wing :11: builds strong muscles and bones.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wean mine straight onto raw meat, raw bones and vegetables, and they get that all their lives. Just more or less as they need it.

See a 4 week old pup getting outside a chicken wing :11: builds strong muscles and bones.

you lot in to raw feeding www.jane anderson.com, :clapper: feeds just raw meat and bones,also a good bit on supplements,been on this diet for 10 years,

I've always fed pups the same as the adults; with an emphasis on chicken wings and rib racks (aside from the whole carcases which I feel are almost essential for teaching a young dog what real food is and what to do with it).

It's so important to give pups something decent to chew on whilst their decidious and later permanent teeth are coming through. If they can't adequately massage the gums and "pull" the teeth out in a timely manner whilst tearing meat off the bone, then a pretty firm base is laid for life-long periodontal disease and related systemic damage and wear.

during the season i feed my dogs on complete food like chudleys, or omega and raw chicken, bones, or venison once a week....

the rest of the year i only feed raw chicken carcasses and lamb bones....

the main reason i do this is because i cant stand the smell of the dogs farting in the car all night, it f*****g stinks rotten :sick:....i also think it takes to long for the dogs to digest properly and they still look a bit bloated the next day even.

i fed them on lamb bones one day last week then complete the rest of the week but they were still passing bone in the shite 5 days later :)

during the season i feed my dogs on complete food like chudleys, or omega and raw chicken, bones, or venison once a week....

the rest of the year i only feed raw chicken carcasses and lamb bones....

the main reason i do this is because i cant stand the smell of the dogs farting in the car all night, it f*****g stinks rotten :sick:....i also think it takes to long for the dogs to digest properly and they still look a bit bloated the next day even.

i fed them on lamb bones one day last week then complete the rest of the week but they were still passing bone in the shite 5 days later :)

I really cant believe your dogs are passing bone 5 days later lucky!! If they are there is something wrong!!

From food going in to comingout the other end is quite a quick process.

Complete will swell in the gut and will take the dog far longer to digest ;)

IMO raw food = less smell and less volume of S**t

GEORDIE, with a pup i would add more red meat, ideally head meat(ox cheek if you can get it) start them on chicken wings once 8 weeks or so, or when they look capable of coping with bones, and tripe is good stuff.

Goats milk is great stuff for the milky meals and the occassional egg raw or scrambled. Grind up the shells and chuck them into for a good calcium source, also feeding Cod Liver Oil for the first 12 months will help increase calcium absorption.

There was a bit in EDRD written by chipper smith, and he made a excellent point of the baring diet and rearing has on a working dog to its working life.

If you grow them right you will have a far better hardier dog IMO

Good luck with your pup ;)

Whey hey, raw food heaven... I just picked up ten whole herrings (complete with guts, heads etc) for just 34p for the lot in Tesco :D

It always pays to hand about at the end of the day or closing time for raw food bargains... you do get strange looks asking for ten whole fish though ("Greedy b@$tard" :blink: ) :11: :clapper: