Hello Kathy, Pm Miss pimperella, she has a regular supply of meat that she passes on to people who need it (no jokes gentlemen) she has a post on the for sale section and she is in lancs so not too far away from you

:tongue2:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:no: What's up with you lads?! Get a bloody grip.

Kathy; Good on ye! I take ye at face value because I simply don't think the person's yet been born stupid enough to say what you said there without simply being genuine. There's obviously nothing to be gained from making such a Post, except to attract a few silly comments and, hopefully, a more mature person in ye area who can sort ye out with some of the necessary evil ;)

I personally respect ye views and Salute ye attitude. Good on ye! :good:

Thankyou so much, for what you said. :signthankspin: I did think of labelling my post "visiting alien" or "martian has landed" but decided I'd be more likely to find what I was looking for if I used a specific title. Then after I'd posted I wondered if maybe it was a bad idea to say I was vegan but I didn't mean any harm. It's better to be honest anyway, and I wouldn't want anyone to offer to shoot to order.

Somebody posted on the yahoo group Britbarf offering to sell rabbits, but he was in Yorkshire. Somebody else asked where to find rabbit hunters in their local area and he said to go to this forum, so I did. I know there are lots of dog owners in America who are given lots of deer trim, offal and bones, but I'm pretty sure there are no deer near me. There must be people who hunt other things though.

Thankyou again. :cheers:

I have plenty of respect for a vegan or vegitarian, they live by what they feel is right, not a views i share of course.

The ones that piss me off is the meat eaters who take the moral high ground over hunters.

That really annoys me too! Whenever a member of the Royal Family is pictured with a gun in their hand there is a huge public outcry and countless people write furious letters to the newspapers - yet these are people who eat battery chickens or cows every day. It doesn't make any sense.

hunters are classed as cruel and barbaric ,but the everyday person contributes to the cruel ways of intensive farmed animals .ive almost completed my new chicken house which i am proudly going to get myself a few ex battery chickens which i am looking forward to free range eggs

I think you are brave for posting on here and admitting that you are a vegan ,good on you for thinking of your pets need for a proper diet i hope there will be someone on here who can help you out ,and they might offer to take you along to see how its done

:icon_eek: lol I don't think they'd want that, I'd be crying buckets, but thankyou for the thought.

I have offered my dogs a vegan diet but their response was "Woof, but no woof". They like it if there's some meat on top but if it's by itself they're not impressed. There are some dogs who are happy and healthy on a vegan diet but mine would be miserable, so I'm not going to force them. I would never ask my cats to go without meat, and besides I know what their answer would be!

Thanks for what you said. :)

konei let me echo the comments of some of the others on here and congratulate you for not letting your personnel beliefs get in the way of common sence when comes to feeding your carnivirouse pets ... whilst i am sure some dogs and cats survive well on a vegan diet it is not a natural diet for them and all they are doing is surviving rather than thriving .........

my wife has been a vegitarian since she was 14 but has a far better understanding of animal welfare than most meat eaters .... she will prepare and cook any meat i want out of my 4 kids 2 of them are veggies ... but the other 2 and myself make up for this .......

we dont eat any procesed meat or associated items IE eggs etc in my house it is either hunted or is from a free range source and the comment about meat eaters being the biggest hypocrites is bang on the money ... my mother in law will not have a fresh fish a rabbit venison or any other meat in her house that has lived a wild happy life ... all i get is thats cruel hunting poor animals ... just as she unwraps a 2 chickens for a fiver !!!!! i just stand back at this point and allow my missus to give her both barrels from the morality gun LOL .....

just to add if i lived up your way i would give you plenty of meat for your dogs FREE ...............

konei let me echo the comments of some of the others on here and congratulate you for not letting your personnel beliefs get in the way of common sence when comes to feeding your carnivirouse pets ... whilst i am sure some dogs and cats survive well on a vegan diet it is not a natural diet for them and all they are doing is surviving rather than thriving .........

Good point socks, Konei I applauad the fact that you have your beliefs and also what seems like commonsense which isn't all that common nowdays. I hope you find a local hunter who can help you with your search and once again it takes a certain ammount of courage to join the site and openly bare your beliefs :victory:

Good point socks, Konei I applauad the fact that you have your beliefs and also what seems like commonsense which isn't all that common nowdays. I hope you find a local hunter who can help you with your search and once again it takes a certain ammount of courage to join the site and openly bare your beliefs :victory:

my wife has been a vegitarian since she was 14 but has a far better understanding of animal welfare than most meat eaters .... she will prepare and cook any meat i want out of my 4 kids 2 of them are veggies ... but the other 2 and myself make up for this .......

we dont eat any procesed meat or associated items IE eggs etc in my house it is either hunted or is from a free range source and the comment about meat eaters being the biggest hypocrites is bang on the money ... my mother in law will not have a fresh fish a rabbit venison or any other meat in her house that has lived a wild happy life ... all i get is thats cruel hunting poor animals ... just as she unwraps a 2 chickens for a fiver !!!!! i just stand back at this point and allow my missus to give her both barrels from the morality gun LOL .....

just to add if i lived up your way i would give you plenty of meat for your dogs FREE ...............

Wow :notworthy:

Thankyou, I appreciate the sentiment. :wub:

I know lots of people like your mother in law!

Yesterday a friend brought me a packet of frozen mashed rabbit from the petshop. She told me proudly it was whole rabbit, not just meat, and said "there's everything they need in that". I said I was wanting to buy rabbits from hunters and she said I was sick. She said she'd buy packets of meat ready done, but there was no way on earth she would ever buy whole bunnies with fur and ears on, and that was really really sick. I told her the petfood was probably from rabbit farms where they're treated really badly and she came round to understanding, sort of, but still said she would "never buy bunnies" - despite just having bought 6 packets of pulverised bunny. Last week when I said I wanted to find fish heads that people throw away she said it was not normal to feed eyes and mouths, and I needed a psychiatrist. "Why can't you just buy the fillets like everyone else, and the cheap chickens?".

My cats went wild when they smelt the rabbit, I've never seen them so excited, they were trying to grab it out of my hands, but when they found it was mushed they wouldn't touch it. They won't touch any of the other packets of frozen mushed meat either but devour the real thing, so I'm sure they would love whole rabbit.

I admire that you don't mind your children being vegie. My inlaws are from the Highlands of Scotland and they all had a problem with my daughter being vegetarian, except one, who was a keen angler and had friends who were hunters.

Thankyou :) I'm saying so many thankyous, but I really am grateful to everyone for the nice replies and friendly welcomes. Thankyou to everyone. I'll try not to say the T word again.

P.S. I love the song Fields of Gold too. It reminds me of my sister who lived right next to a farm and the view from her windows was golden fields.

welcome kathy what pets do you have and how many, do they need alot to feed them

Hi

I have 4 dogs who are shared with my daughter and divide their time between our 2 houses - 2 border collie girls, 1 male doberman x collie whose still growing, and 1 male lhasa apso.

tobe.jpg

We have 5 cats each, who have huge appetites. We also foster cats and currently have 6 extra between us. So at the moment, to feed on just meat and bones, we would need 380lbs a month!

I've been feeding Nature's Menu and other natural brands for years, and friends give me all their meaty leftovers. A few months ago one of my cats died, aged 7, and it made me determined to switch them to a raw diet but that means buying a lot more meat, and its not as easy to go to an abbatoir and buy fresh tripe, or go to the butchers and buy legs and blood-red meat, as it is to just buy a box of sachets that don't look like they used to walk around.

I'd prefer to buy wild game but that starts at £5 a lb (as does meat from nice farms) which would be impossible in the quantities I would need. If I could feed them stuff that's thrown away or killed regardless, then everyone would be happy. I'm going to Cheshire today because a Goat Farm has offered me some chops from their freezer which are too old for humans to eat. So the dogs will think it's Christmas :thumbs-up:

Edited by Konei
welcome to the forum , your honesty may have raised a few eyerows but when you have antis on your case so often im sure you will understand, i hope you are helped out , failing that why not buy in meats prepared so you dont have to handle it? try landywoods

I have put it an order to Landywoods but it's so cheap I dread to think what kind of farms it comes from. (Never thought I'd be complaining about a low price tag but unfortunately the cheaper the meat, the worse the welfare). Also most of their stuff is minced and grinding meat destroys the taurine which cats need to live - and my cats won't eat ground or mashed meat anyway. I tried to order beef and chicken chunks but they're not selling either any more, they only have lamb. I hate buying lamb more than anything else, I've always avoided buying dogfood with lamb in it. I have ordered a lot of breast and ribs, and offal, but I hated doing it and I'd rather find an alternative.