Fly-fishing with the expert

Guest Keeps

Had a look out fishing on Sunday for the first time in nearly 18 months, just a little bit rusty with the fly line :11:

dd1fab6e.jpg

Was a freezing cold day and really windy but I thoroughly enjoyed it :D

Took the expert with me :rolleyes:

3a9738fb.jpg

5d6620ae.jpg

after a while I was freezing cold and not catching anything :cry: so I sneaked off for a cuppa in the cabin where there was a nice warm fire and had a bit of crack with a few of the regulars :D After a bit of a natter I found out what flys were catching on the lake (bloodworm) and went back to try it out. I thought Id get one over on the expert and didn’t tell him :11:

94789e77.jpg

but guess who caught the first fish :diablo: :11: .........and the second......... and the third :rolleyes: with a black frizt :good:

1b055c58.jpg

156b3ab6.jpg

9af7763a.jpg

Letting one go

58d9b293.jpg

Just as I was beginning to give up hope I got a bite :D and landed a lovely 2 lb rainbow :good: but by this time the batteries were flat on the camera so theres no pic :11:

While we were there, I spotted the farmer feeding the pigs so off I raced to flutter me eyelashes :rolleyes::icon_redface: and ask for some ratting permission, and he said yes :yahoo: so not a bad day, all in all, 3 fish, and some ratting for the terriers :clapper::D