SHOTGUN CARTIDGES

I HAVE RECANTLY PUT IN FOR MY RFD LICENCE TO SELL AIR RIFLES AND SHOT GUNS IN MY SHOP, WHEN I ASKED ABOUT SELLING CARTRIDGES THE FAO TOLD ME THAT IT WAS NOT THEM THAT SORTED THAT SIDE OF IT OUT IT WAS THE TRADING STANDARDS, SO I CONTACTED THEM TO FIND OUT MORE BUT THE ONLY THING IS THAT THE GUY IN CHARGE DID NOT HAVE A CLUE ON HOW TO HELP ME, HE ASKED ME TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH BLACK POWDER IS IN EACH CATRIDGE THEN MULTIPLY THIS BY HOW MANY I WANT TO STORE AND LET HIM KNOW AS THERE ARE 2 TYPES OF LICENCE REGISTER AND STORAGE, AS THIS GUY HAS ONLY DEALT IN FIRE WORKS, HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE TO PEOPLE THANKS IN ADVANCE

ANTHONY :thumbs:

There is no Black Powder in the vast, vast majority of modern cartridges, they are all filled with smokeless or nitro powders.

The Firearms Department issue Explosives licenses for the acquisition and storage of explosives.

In normal circumstances you are allowed to keep 5KG of Smokeless powder loose and in shells.

Black powder needs a license to buy but not if the powder is already loaded in the shell.

As for an RFD, Im unaware of the legislation surrounding it and if I were you contact one of the shooting organisations e.g. BASC.

Best of luck mate, your firearms department dont sound too helpful.

SS

There is no Black Powder in the vast, vast majority of modern cartridges, they are all filled with smokeless or nitro powders.

The Firearms Department issue Explosives licenses for the acquisition and storage of explosives.

In normal circumstances you are allowed to keep 5KG of Smokeless powder loose and in shells.

Black powder needs a license to buy but not if the powder is already loaded in the shell.

As for an RFD, Im unaware of the legislation surrounding it and if I were you contact one of the shooting organisations e.g. BASC.

Best of luck mate, your firearms department dont sound too helpful.

SS

THANKS FOR THAT MATE I WONT BE STOCKING JUST POWDER ONLY CATRIDGES ANY IDEA HOW MANY CATRIDGES I COULD STOCK CONTAINIG 5KG OF POWDER THANKS AGAIN ANTHONY

Very roughly, the figure is something like 10,000.

This is what seems to be accepted by my FEO when he came to do my last home visit where I had about 9000 cartridges in my gun room.

SS

P.S That is on a normal shotgun certificate it may well be considerably more for an RFD certificate.

Very roughly, the figure is something like 10,000.

This is what seems to be accepted by my FEO when he came to do my last home visit where I had about 9000 cartridges in my gun room.

SS

P.S That is on a normal shotgun certificate it may well be considerably more for an RFD certificate.

THANKS AGAIN MATE MY FAO RANG ME TODAY AND IS BRINGING MY RFD LICENCE OUT NEXT WEEK FINGERS CROSSED I WILL ASK HIM THEN CHEERS ANTHONY :drink:

Whats the shop called and what street is it on?

I will try my next time going to Nelson.

SS

HI MATE IST CALLED MERTHYR HUNTING AND SHOOTING ITS AT THE TOP OF TOWN NEAR BOB WILDINGS MOTOR BIKE SHOP THE SHOP ADDRESS IS:-

MERTHYR HUNTING AND SHOOTING

18 PONTMORLIAS

MERTHYR TYDFIL

MID GLAMORGAN

CF47 8UB

CHEERS ANTHONY