tips on ferrets and ferreting

Guest jojoamojo

Make sure you have ferrets for a start!

A good knife (or a few knives)

Spade is necessary so you dont have to dig with your hands :icon_redface::whistling: not that I forgot lol

Locator and collars make sure theyre on nice and snug so you dont get excited thinking you've got a rabbit then the ferret pops up with no collar lol

Make sure thay get a good drink it can be quite dry down there

Always have a back up as well as purse nets eg. long net, dog, gun etc.

Dispatch your quarry humanely

Finally have fun!

Atb

Jordan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TIGHTS, Womens TIGHTS, not bloody stockings and suspenders. lmao

Posted Images

Wear ladies stockings and suspenders under your trousers to keep warm............................... :whistling:

I'm glad thats out in the open...and i'm not the only one, I've been doing that for years.. :angel:

If I get divorced, i'm going for custody of my dog and her underwear drawer.

my nets up all have ellastic band around each of them when I put a net down I put the ellacy band in my pocket make sure to put all bands in the same pocket then when you collect your nets up off the set if you still have a band or two in your pocket you know theres still nets down this has saved me hundreds of nets and saves having to count them all the time. ;)

Wear ladies stockings and suspenders under your trousers to keep warm............................... :whistling:

I'm glad thats out in the open...and i'm not the only one, I've been doing that for years.. :angel:

If I get divorced, i'm going for custody of my dog and her underwear drawer.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

TIGHTS, Womens TIGHTS, not bloody stockings and suspenders. lmao

• Like 1

If you dig down and your slightly off, and cant reach or feel anything. Get your mobile put the light on and video down the hole, you can see where the rabbit is and how far.

Ive got a few wierd methods that Ive invented lol will try to think of some to amuse you.

AHH!! I have thought of another one I do.

If you have had a kill and you cant or dont feel like digging, heres the way I get the ferret/s out. Tie a rabbit to a purse net, I normally leg them and loop the net through the legs. then peg the net in very securley next to a hole and place the rabbit down the hole, all it takes is the ferret to grab the dead rabbit and the nets will move. if you set a few around the bury then you can easily keep track of it all my watching for the nets twitching. Obviously make sure the rabbits are tied properly or your fecked.

Lets see how many slate me for that lol, it really does work well though.

HJ

AHH!! I have thought of another one I do.

If you have had a kill and you cant or dont feel like digging, heres the way I get the ferret/s out. Tie a rabbit to a purse net, I normally leg them and loop the net through the legs. then peg the net in very securley next to a hole and place the rabbit down the hole, all it takes is the ferret to grab the dead rabbit and the nets will move. if you set a few around the bury then you can easily keep track of it all my watching for the nets twitching. Obviously make sure the rabbits are tied properly or your fecked.

Lets see how many slate me for that lol, it really does work well though.

HJ

i use that method on golf courses another thing i do is put nets on the holes in the fence cought over a dozen rabbits using this method