Squirrel trap

This is my method of catching squirrels in woodland.You need only take a few nails,tacks and a good axe.

The top picture shows How i attach the bodygrip to the tree.About six inches above the trap i tack a piece of sweat corn cob to the tree.I then push furn branches through the two crossed nails which are approx a foot above the trap position.These branches rest on the edge of the bodygrip and makes a tunnel.

Another piece of sweat corn cob nailed to the tree just below the trap set and you are ready to kill your squirrels.When you make a kill the trap releases from the small tacks and swings clear of the tree,this way the squirrels never get trap shy and you can carry on killing your tree rats :good:

This is my method of catching squirrels in woodland.You need only take a few nails,tacks and a good axe.

The top picture shows How i attach the bodygrip to the tree.About six inches above the trap i tack a piece of sweat corn cob to the tree.I then push furn branches through the two crossed nails which are approx a foot above the trap position.These branches rest on the edge of the bodygrip and makes a tunnel.

Another piece of sweat corn cob nailed to the tree just below the trap set and you are ready to kill your squirrels.When you make a kill the trap releases from the small tacks and swings clear of the tree,this way the squirrels never get trap shy and you can carry on killing your tree rats :good:

that looks a really good trap :good:

I for one would dearly like you to continue contributing to these trapping discussions.Your knowledge is invaluable to all of us,we are all hear to learn something.Your right in what you said about sets in heavily populated areas and sets in out the way places,you have to be careful and use your common sense.

The sets i use do work very well(the americans have used them for years)and they are very cheap to use and that is the main reason i use them.If a bodygrip gets stolen i am loosing £3.50,if i get a kania stolen i am loosing over £30.That was my point to the above post,to try and save people money :good: