pigeon decoying

Hi all

I have found a farm to shoot at and want to try decoying which is something new to me.There are crops at the farm but no birds are feeding on them and i dont know what crops they are except they look like long green grass.No seeds or anyting on the crops.my mate is willing to lend me his shell magnet decoys 12 of them and i was wondering if i can decoy over these crops or is it a waste of time.I have seen few wood pigeons flying over and there are some trees on the farm which they fly to but only a few of them,no high numbers.If i put my decoys out would i be able to attract them?.

Thanks.

Hi you are better leaving pigeon decoying untill end of july as the willy woodpigeon is nesting at the moment

the crop sound's like winter wheat give it another couple of month and the seed will be on it keep a eye on it as you might get some wind blow on it in june-july and if u keep a eye on it and you see pigeons feeding on it watch it and look for the flight line in to the field and if numbers are good give it a go

you might also get pigeon shooting once the crop has been cut and it's stubble so keep a eye on it also when it's been cut

hope this is of some help to you but i would forget about trying to decoy them at the momment

Regards