HOW DO WE HUNT

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

my [bANNED TEXT] has got a video of the hillbillie's in the everglades hunting wild boar. first they send out the bloodhounds then when they hear the dogs baying they go to them with american bulldogs and slip the bulldogs they have trained the dogs to get a grip on the pigs ears and they have chest plates on the dogs to stop the tusks stabbing into the dogs chest. those wild boar are a real handful and i think if the dog was not trained to get a proper grip and did not have a chest plate the pig would kill or make a real mess on the dogs the pigs are shaking the bloodhounds like a staff would shake a rag. on the same video theres a cowboy who has a american bulldog that he uses to heard cows and hes trained the dog to flip a cow right over on to its back the dog runs along side the cow and runs under the cows front legs and gets a grip on the cows nose and then stops and the cow flips right over.. you have got to see it to believe

• 1 month later...
runs under the cows front legs and gets a grip on the cows nose and then stops and the cow flips right over.. you have got to see it to believe

One of the most famous American cowboys was a black man that would do the same. Bite onto the cows nose and flit it over.

chest plate and kevlar collars! I don't think it would matter if the tusks pierce or not, when 200-300lb of bacon starts getting pi**ed off I want dogs that could climb trees!!! coz I wouldn't be coming down to help em!!!. There's a story of pig hunting on the homepage, that aussie guy's dogs didn't have any protection? :blink: apparently the pig was dead by the time the guy got there? Now that's some hard dogs!!

Guest whippet

Anyhoo, to clear up the legality questions; nope it ain't legal cos the hunting *** prohibits the hunting of any wild mammal with dogs (apart from rabbits and rats + the gamekeeper exemption for bolting foxes).

But the *** is just legislation, it doesn't physically stop you from going out, and neither does it detect the law being broken. ;)

Guest meynell
not that it realy matters but is boar legal quary in the uk......

I read an article in the independent saying that the government are going to list them as a game species so that they can be hunted from August 1st-March 31st. So if you wanted to stick to the law you could use two dogs to flush them to be shot or you could have some fun and do what you like.

You should all look at

boardogs.com

brilliant website

• 4 months later...
A pal of mine has Mastiff crosses x Rotties they seem pretty keen down in Sussex he seems pretty confidant with this cross!

Ive seen the bodies!

They sound like fair beast's any pic's, is there alot of boar down your way?