• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not strictly a firearm but it the latest addition to my FAC rated guns.   Daystate Air ranger .22 running at 30 ft lbs fitted with a MTC viper 4-14x50 and a Weirauch silencer. This is what I boug

All Brownings, ABIII in .308 win, T-bolts in .22LR and .17HMR.

My new .222 set up Tikka T3 action and barrel roedale precision stock  nightforce 3x12x56 scope ace ultra mod 

Posted Images

Just thought I'd create a little thread based on members rifles and what they use in the field, I'll pin it to the forum section just out of interest...

Myself I use:

CZ american in .22 with MTC Viper 4-16 x 50 and a sak moderator fitted, also the eric brookes trigger kit with 1.00lb pull spring. Winchester Subs Ammo.

CZ varmint in .17hmr with Hawke 4-12 x 50, ase ultra moderator fitted, also eric brookes trigger kit with 1.50lb pull spring... Hornaday vmax ammo.

Tikka T3 Hunter .243 with swarovski pv 3-12 x 50, predator 8 moderator fitted...Looking at getting a trigger kit soon...Hornaday 58gr vmax moly ammo.

All rifles fitted with Harris SL 6-9" bipods.

Images to follow....

post-1279-1256242940.jpg

Edited by timberdog
  • 3 weeks later...

heres my new plinker and fox gun...Have had it for a few months now and it shoots a treat..

Its a remington r-15 in 223 with a nightforce 8-32 x56 np-2dd reticle...

005.jpg

Nice varmint gun, Is that a straight pull or semi?

Thanks...Its a semi...5 shot mag.22 inch barrel. 1 in 9 twist

Edited by dwighet

No pics at the mo, but Edit: Pic added

Webley & Scott Tempest in .22 (Very useful around the Mink traps and Larsens)

Weihrauch HW85K springer in .177 with moderator and Bushman 6x40 scope.

CZ452 Varmint 16" barrel in .22LR with Brookes trigger, SAK mod, Hawke 3-9x50, Deben Tracer Atom, cheap bipod. Usually use Eley Subs or CCI Velocitors.

Beretta 686 Onyx 12g

Currently in the market for a 12g semi-auto for pigeons - possibly FAC simply because it will keep the land owner happy! :rolleyes:

post-42565-125803470009.jpg

Edited by English Steve

Heres my couple of guns:

CZ 22lr Style with a custom stock, Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 Tactical and SAK mod.

Shoots as good as it looks , no even better than that.

CZStylewithnewstock3.jpgCZStylewithnewstock2.jpg

CZ 223 Varmint with the HS stock with a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 Tactical.

Best 4 shot group was 28mm @300m.

10052009114.jpg10052009121.jpg

10052009115.jpg

Newest edition Sako 75 308 Varmint with the flutted barrel. My stalking gun.

The stock was swopped out for the synthetic stock that is piller bedded and the bolt knob changed over for the one you now see.

Bushnell Elite 3200 4-12x40. Touching groups @100m. All up weight = 8 3/4lb.

firstshotwiththeSako308_1nov09.jpg08112009doecalf2.jpg

Edited by clivej

Iv been trying to upload pictures but it keeps coming up with no image selected when i have selected what pictures i want from the browser. Any suggestions people?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

i'll assume you have an account with an image hosting site like flickr or photobucket, so what you need to do is click the picture of the tree in between the insert link and insert e-mail add functions and just type, or copy the url of the image into the box and click insert image, the url, with flickr is at the bottom of the page when you choose the size of the image you want someone else might be able to explain better than me...

• IanB unpinned this topic