Just thought I'd create a little thread based on members rifles and what they use in the field, I'll pin it to the forum section just out of interest...

Myself I use:

CZ american in .22 with MTC Viper 4-16 x 50 and a sak moderator fitted, also the eric brookes trigger kit with 1.00lb pull spring. Winchester Subs Ammo.

CZ varmint in .17hmr with Hawke 4-12 x 50, ase ultra moderator fitted, also eric brookes trigger kit with 1.50lb pull spring... Hornaday vmax ammo.

Tikka T3 Hunter .243 with swarovski pv 3-12 x 50, predator 8 moderator fitted...Looking at getting a trigger kit soon...Hornaday 58gr vmax moly ammo.

All rifles fitted with Harris SL 6-9" bipods.

Images to follow....

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not strictly a firearm but it the latest addition to my FAC rated guns.   Daystate Air ranger .22 running at 30 ft lbs fitted with a MTC viper 4-14x50 and a Weirauch silencer. This is what I boug

All Brownings, ABIII in .308 win, T-bolts in .22LR and .17HMR.

My new .222 set up Tikka T3 action and barrel roedale precision stock  nightforce 3x12x56 scope ace ultra mod 

Posted Images

Guest JohnGalway

My main rifle is my Remington VL SS Thumbhole .223 with a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 scope that has the NP-R2 reticle. I've a Butler Creek Comfort Stretch sling on it, also Butler Creek scope caps. Finished off with a 6"-9" swivel Harris Bipod. It's normal fodder now is Hornady V-max moly coated 40 grain ballistic tip's.

Also shown... Leica CRF 900 rangefinder (brand spanking new since Friday!), Opticron Imagic BGA SE 8x42 bins, Callmaster digital caller, Primos Still Cottontail Rabbit call, Primos Mouse Squeeker, Foxcalluk caller, WAM call and last but not least a damn handy LED light for checking magnification/parallax settings.

171448.jpg

My other rifle is my Sako Quad with a .22lr barrel. It's got a Leupold VX-III 4.5-14 scope with Leupolds Boone & Crockett reticle. Same finishings as the Remmy. Eley subs are the order of the day. Also shown... My old rangefinder a Nikon Prostaff laser 440, five round magazine, Eley subsonics and Eley high velocity.

171920.jpg

Since I was taking photos...

Here's my used and abused Baikal MP-153 semi automatic 12ga, a nice slip I got for it, and my cartridge belt with assorted shells, Eley AAA in red, Scullys gunshop own brand in green 36gm BB's (what I used the last night), finally Remington 50gm 0's.

172118.jpg

Also... Since I was at it...

My lamping backpack, plus some contents. Handheld and scope mounted Lightforce 170's, insulating tape, screwdriver for lamp bracket adjustment, small box for spare bulbs (hard to see in that light), another small box for replacement back-up head light batteries, small screwdriver for connecting lamp eyes to battery terminals, opinel knife (no.7 or no.8 I forget), Deben 800ma charger, back-up headlight LED Lenser, AMA 18 amp battery.

172549.jpg

Got more gear but I can't be bothered digging it out :clapper:

Not strictly a firearm but it the latest addition to my FAC rated guns.

Daystate Air ranger .22 running at 30 ft lbs fitted with a MTC viper 4-14x50 and a Weirauch silencer. This is what I bought for sensative jobs like caravan parks etc where even a rimmy with subs is too hot.

Image018.jpg

And this is a group shot of the rest of the bunch. Not the best ever

DSCF0157.jpg

• Like 6

Don't have pictures at the mo but...

.223 - Howa 1500 with thumbhole laminate stock and heavy stainless barrel, with MTC Viper 6-24x56, generally fed el cheapo Wolf ammo which is awful but the animals keep falling over and it's cheap

.243 - RWS Titan 6 wood/stainless with Hawke Reflex 4-12x50 scope (yes it's rubbish but my god it works well!!), fed with 58gr Norma Vmax and 85gr Federal w/ Sierra Gamekings

.22 Hornet - Brno CZ527 with Nikko Diamond 4-12x42, fed with whatever I can get my hands on

.22 LR - CZ 452 Style with Nikko Nighteater 4-16x50, fed with el cheapo Magtech (unlike the 223 Wolf, very accurate and expands nicely on small game, unlike Eley)

And every now and again my Ruger 10/22T sees bunny action too...

Not strictly a firearm but it the latest addition to my FAC rated guns.

Daystate Air ranger .22 running at 30 ft lbs fitted with a MTC viper 4-14x50 and a Weirauch silencer. This is what I bought for sensative jobs like caravan parks etc where even a rimmy with subs is too hot.

Image018.jpg

And this is a group shot of the rest of the bunch. Not the best ever

DSCF0157.jpg

Do you think you'll need the bipod for shooting squirrels up chimneys?

i've got a tikka M595 with t8 mod harris swivel bi-pod, butler creek caps, snipers adjustable neoprene check piece.

Also a CZ 452 american .17hmr hawke target scope 10x40x50 harris bench rest bi pod swivel.

And shottie is a browning GOLD FUSION 12G semi auto. :gunsmilie:

100_0783.jpg

this my fac s10 running 30ftlb tuned my john bowkett.

100_0810.jpg

here is my cz 22lr with carbon mod, mtc scope and brooks trigger kit fitted.

had a good amount of rabbits with it and its a little tackdriver

annie1517picture1.jpg

and this is my annie hmr with dm80 mod, and buchnell elite 6x24x50 scope.

had a good amount of rabbits with it and some good longish shots on crows and pigeons

Here is my two Tikka T3 Hunter with MTC VIPER 6-24x56 with T8 Mod and CZ American .22 With SAK Mod and MTC 3-12x44

DSCF0810.jpg

DSCF0832.jpg

DSCF0819.jpg

And my son's two

Tikka T3 Varmint MTC 6-24x56, Wildcat Pred 8 mod

DSCF0948.jpg

DSCF0950.jpg

and his Anshcutz .22 thumbhole left hand stock with MTC3-12x44 and SAK Mod

DSCF0871.jpg

DSCF0868.jpg

heres my remington 700 in 22-250

post-17299-1209943779_thumb.jpg

what mod is that night hunter and how do you find it on the 22/250 ? :thumbs:

Hi jamie its the t8,it does the job but as with many of the t8 silencers it looks as though it is cracking there is green stuff showing at the spot welds and i have since added a neopreene sleeve to stop the tinnie ring,if i have to replace it i would look at something else,posibly the wildcat

• IanB unpinned this topic