• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not strictly a firearm but it the latest addition to my FAC rated guns.   Daystate Air ranger .22 running at 30 ft lbs fitted with a MTC viper 4-14x50 and a Weirauch silencer. This is what I boug

All Brownings, ABIII in .308 win, T-bolts in .22LR and .17HMR.

My new .222 set up Tikka T3 action and barrel roedale precision stock  nightforce 3x12x56 scope ace ultra mod 

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I have a cz 452 17 hmr fitted with sak mod and a tikka t3 243,fitted with a wildcat mod. Both topped off with-zeiss victory diavari 2-5-10x50 scopes. And both left handed. Cos that's how I roll :) pictures to follow once I've linked photobucket

Edited by Al69ec
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking in to getting a 223 for the foxes ive got 243 what does the damage but heard a lot of good reports on 223 what to you say

If you have a .243 i would stick to that. In my opinion shooting different rifles will not get youre shooting better.

brno .22 ……remmy 700 with heavy stainless fluted barrel .204……..browning x-bolt 6.5x55 ……. that covers all uk game ……oh and a cheap 9 shot hatsan just to let a bit of steam off from time to time

• 2 weeks later...

Good day all. I am brand new to the forums and would not even qualify as a rifle/gun "novice" let alone being knowledgable. I'm hoping to get some advice here.

I own one rifle I purchased about 1972-early 73 from JC Penny in HI (it actually has that embossed on the barrel!). It is a Parker-Hale 308W bolt action. I'll post a picure and try to post a second in another reply as there are limitations on size. Each is about 52-53 KB

I want to fully service this rifle (to the extent I can without going to a gunsmith) and would like to purchase a good service manual. I'm highly skilled mechanically.

I did check the Official NRA Guide to Firearms Assembly for Rifles and Shotguns but am not sure if my rifle is included. I would rather not buy something I would then have no use for.

In my wanderings about the WEB I did discover that Parker-Hale in England went out of busness around. . . 1992 if I recall correctly, and Gibbs bought them out here in the US so, I don't think I'll get any help there, but I don't know.

So, the short question is: Does anyone know what would be a good all purpose service manual to buy that will have this rifle in it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

post-94176-0-74196500-1395011610.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

fc1stz.jpg

remington 40xb 308 with S&B pm2 5-25

Gees!

Lovely gun, but not sure I'd want to be carrying such a military looking gun, especially in Ireland.

Here is my setup....cz455 .17hmr thumbhole and howa 1500 .223 with t4 mod

image_zps6b881ca3.jpg

Lovely stock on the HMR.

Edited by Alsone
  • IanB unpinned this topic