Well after watching woodgas dvd, i got in the mood to set some wires.

I went to this field were i have longnetted a total of 28, and theres still plenty more, its right next to a sand quarry.

All in all i got 8 fence wires, 5 hoop snares and 9 peg wires out. so total of 22.

i shine the lamp in this field some nights and theres 40+ rabbits sitting so lets hope i get a good results. The runs were all well run down.

After watching the dvd i learned a bit more about cutting the fences to improve the catch area with the snares, so i have done this.

I got them out before 11 this morning, so they have had plenty of time to 'air out', if i get a good catch in the morning, i will probably re-set and try getting some more, lol.

Let you know tommorow how it goes.

At least your honest mate.My advise would be to pick your nights more carefully.I know your keen but failure is the best way to sicken yourself.Last night wasnt any good for the wires at all.Black and really windy nights is what you want,a bit of rain doesnt hurt although you dont need it.

i heard that the windy nights are the best, but the rabbits seem to sit out more on a calm night than a windy night, thats why i havent netted as many lol.

With only one bumped wire, i can only assume the rabbits werent out last night, maybe been spooked by something, i dont know. See if i get a result tommorow morning.