shooting wood pidgeon and hare

:blink: Jesus another one! What is is about shooting hares? I shoot a couple a year for the pot and leave them be the rest of the year. I don't see what the big bloody deal is :blink:

Incidentally i use one of these when i'm pigeon shooting... very handy

post-4425-1220021304.jpg

Dont remember having a pop at you. Landowners where i shoot dont want them shot. Simple.

And my names not Jesus. Cheers.

where i live there are loadsof hares and they need to be kept under control as they can do alot of damage to some crops and young trees so we shoot them the first too days in feb.

like said hold back legs turn head and pull its the best way . :thumbs:

Don't shoot a hare. They provide more pleaure to watch than to shoot. They are not vermin but are classed as game. Leave them alone.

dont takeit the rong way but you sound like one of those antis replying to a youtube hunting vid :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Mass_G3nocide
does anyone know the best and quickest way of killing a wood pidgeon and a hare if its not dead once shot with a shotgun.

Thanks

For a pigeons put its neck between 2 fingers and and make and O motion for a rabbit grab its back legs and karate chop its neck you may have to move the ears this is the quickest without mess.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

for pigeons i have ground down a pair of pliers so as they very thin. i then just put them round the pigeons neck and squeeze, it breaks the neck easily and quickly, also looks better to bystanders than ringing a birds neck. for hares i get hold of there back legs with there belly away from me, tilt its head back a bit and then push down on the neck while holding the legs where they are.

was just thinking would anyone consider using a co2 pistol to dispatch quarry?

dan

I would'nt mate , they only push out a couple of ftlbs... not really enough to do a humane job.

I'am sure a vast majority will agree that hares should only be shot with a .17 upwards,

I've seen hares on both hare shoots/walk round days hopping around even when shot with some of the heaviest of 12g loads. not the tool for the job. I'am not having a pop,its just my opinion through personal experience.

cheers Millie

Dont know mate, was at a hare shoot the other weekend, out of the 20 odd shot not one got back up again. And they wernt all useing very heavy loads.