FOXHUNTER & FOXDROPPER

Guest Frank

Their would not be much wildlife left, if you two were at it everyday...... :laugh::laugh:

Some productive shooting lads.. :thumbs:

I hear the roe deer population over their, is on a big time rise, due to mild weather ect.. ;)

:clapper::clapper: to gun and host... some fine beasts there i think the last roe will weigh heavier than some think, just for fun im going to guess at around 130 cic points, im sure you will anyway but let us know...... Edited by alimac

Well done Mark & FD you couldent buy a trip like that & what makes a day for me with a good friend would make it more fun. As you know with roe heads weight is the key but even tho a cracking freak i think you got your 1st gold if it had the mass that we have here as i bet push 500g+.

Its good to be in the company of a like minded sportsmen and even though i pushed him hard :icon_redface: time wise ,FH was up to the job that i know would of had others whinging .5 am to 11.30pm every day is grualling for all but the most dedicated i can tell you .He only missed the one shot ,on the first evening ,which was the closest of the trip but we both agreed it was tiredness from the drive down, combined with poor light :whistling: .

What he forgot to say was that i had to shoot a doe in funny circumstances .We rounded a hedge to see a doe struggling to her feet and it was obvious she wasnt going to get up .I humanely shot her with the .22 and we carried out an outopsy to the best of our ability which revealed she was heavy with twins ,had a very full ,hard bladder but no bruising or breakages.The twins appeared to be dead though as no heartbeat was visable which usually continous for a second or two after gralloch .Strange .

Told the farmer incase of any more instances occur .

We saw a few good beasts but that last buck was a new one on me :victory: .Deer everywhere so still a few for me .

Very glad FH shot a muntie as he was beginning to think they were as rare as big cats in Wiltshire .

Get planning my visit mate as you have some standards set there :clapper::clapper::tongue2: ,and i will have perfected the left hand shooting .

Well done foxy .