Collars for Strong Dogs

Have had a few PM's lately asking about the collars that I make for Stronger Dogs, am sure you're all familiar with my Terrier Collars and Couples :whistling:

So here's what I make for the "Strong Dogs", have had good reports from lads who've used these on Bull Lurchers too, so they are probably suitable for them too!

These collars are 2" wide, made up of 5 layers (ply) of British Made webbing, each layer is tested by the manufacturer to have a breaking strain greater than 5000 Kg (quite a lot!)

The main part of the collar is made from 1 continuous length of webbing, about 5 metres for a normal sized collar, stitched together with an Industrial sewing machine using British Made bonded nylon thread, that will never rot or snap (so they tell me). There are 5 or 6 individual rows of stitching along the length of the collar.

Holes are heat sealed to prevent fraying (might be a bit tight at first but they soon wear in).

Buckles and Dee rings are Made in England (Dees are the welded type).

I prefer to make my collars with the Dee ring at the end, it is harder and uses more material to do this but if you look at the photo showing the end of the collar you'll see the Dee ring is supported by 8 layers of webbing at the point where the load is, I think this should be strong enough!!

It's me that makes every single one of these collars, they're not cheapo imports or made by someone else for me, I should go bigger but prefer to keep it as a paying hobby for now.

I guarantee each collar for life (mine obviously) if it breaks then not only will I replace it, I'll eat the bits that are left! :D

A collar like the one in the photos without any lettering is £15 for a Stafford sized dog and £20 for bigger dogs (Presa / AB / Rott etc)

Loads of different colors.

Lettering adds a few quid depending how many letters.

I make and post them the same day I get paid for them, can order either by post or you're welcome to come to my dungeon and collect it :ninja:

I think that's everything, any questions just shout! (PM, email or phone :thumbs: )

I hope the person that this particular collar is for likes it! ;)

Thanks for reading.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wee have bought a good few of these collars and have to say they are top class, as is the service you get :notworthy:

I HAVE HAD A GOOD FEW COLLARS AND LEADS OFF ARRAN AND SO HAVE ALOT OF MY FRIENDS THEY ARE EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY AND A MUST FOR ANY ONE WITH A STRONG DOG OR WANTIN QUALITY DOG GEAR AT A REAL GOOD PRICE TAKE MY WORD FOR IT :big_boss:

Y I S

PAUL

Like it..... I BLOODY LOVE IT!!!!

You are a gentleman sir, excellent work yet again!! :clapper::clapper::clapper:

For anyone looking at this post I cannot stress how good these collars are! I do believe all he says on the above post.

I was lucky enough to meet Strong Stuff early last summer where he 'kitted' my Bullx dog with one of these (the photo is from the day after he got it), its had 12 months of 'graft' on it now and its as if it was bought new (apart from the mud!).

I've never been 'shy' with buying good quality collars and leads for my dogs, these are the best I've seen or used.

Keeping Bullx lurchers for 15 years, the importance of keeping a dog secure, either whilst another is running, or when crouching against a hedge watching a pair of red eyes flying down the field can save you soooo much bother and for the latter, those big 'D' rings are great for grip or slip!

For all the people on here who have 'strong' lurchers (bullx or not) or any type of dog that requires a fair 'bit of bondage' these collars are ALL YOU WILL EVER WANT OR NEED!!!!

Thanks again Strong Stuff ;)

post-8037-1209159265_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Like it..... I BLOODY LOVE IT!!!!

You are a gentleman sir, excellent work yet again!! :clapper::clapper::clapper:

For anyone looking at this post I cannot stress how good these collars are! I do believe all he says on the above post.

I was lucky enough to meet Strong Stuff early last summer where he 'kitted' my Bullx dog with one of these (the photo is from the day after he got it), its had 12 months of 'graft' on it now and its as if it was bought new (apart from the mud!).

I've never been 'shy' with buying good quality collars and leads for my dogs, these are the best I've seen or used.

Keeping Bullx lurchers for 15 years, the importance of keeping a dog secure, either whilst another is running, or when crouching against a hedge watching a pair of red eyes flying down the field can save you soooo much bother and for the latter, those big 'D' rings are great for grip or slip!

For all the people on here who have 'strong' lurchers (bullx or not) or any type of dog that requires a fair 'bit of bondage' these collars are ALL YOU WILL EVER WANT OR NEED!!!!

Thanks again Strong Stuff ;)

i think i was with SS the day you got the collar,and thats one cracking dog to go with it.

i shit you not ive got some of the first collars SS made some time ago,i am talking years and once clean there as good as the day i got them

thanks daz

Guest jeb

just like to say a few lads i know have had your collors and there fukin mint mate top class just wanting to know do you do one for the smaller lurcher collie cross size maybe?

just like to say a few lads i know have had your collors and there fukin mint mate top class just wanting to know do you do one for the smaller lurcher collie cross size maybe?

:icon_redface:

Blimey! Well it's all good to hear, definitely better than a complaints thread!!!

I do make narrower collars too mate yes, can do most of the colours in 1.5" wide (40mm), Black only in 1.25" wide (30mm) and loads of colours in 1" wide.

:thumbs:

Guest G.Mac

The collars Aaron does are the business for all strong dogs.

And there is no hanging about waiting on them,quick efficient service.

More than happy with anything I got off the man.