magpie damage

Im my opinion magies are easiest to bag at this time of year. Mainly because you get them moving in groups of 5-6. The 2 parents and their young. Just listen they make a racket moving like this and you could hear them from 1 end of a farm to the other. The young arnt as wary of humans yet and their parents are reluctant to leave them. Most family groups have a spot they favour usualy where they roost. I get into position well before dusk with my semi-auto and wait for there return. If you manage to down 1 of them you are almost garunteed a few more shots as they call to their fallen mate. It is possible to do 2-3 this way before the rest scarper. I would also blow out any nests you spot. Just generally give them a hard time :gunsmilie:

Im my opinion magies are easiest to bag at this time of year. Mainly because you get them moving in groups of 5-6. The 2 parents and their young. Just listen they make a racket moving like this and you could hear them from 1 end of a farm to the other. The young arnt as wary of humans yet and their parents are reluctant to leave them. Most family groups have a spot they favour usualy where they roost. I get into position well before dusk with my semi-auto and wait for there return. If you manage to down 1 of them you are almost garunteed a few more shots as they call to their fallen mate. It is possible to do 2-3 this way before the rest scarper. I would also blow out any nests you spot. Just generally give them a hard time :gunsmilie:

:hmm: Bit early for young in my area...... I dont let them get to the 'family' stage! I like to get the b*****ds while their still 'dating'!!

i rise with the sun to get em,fully camouflaged against a hedge/bush or whatever's available,use a squeaker because this attracts them and when they appear bang,when iv'e had one/two i use thm as decoys sticking a sharp stick into the chest and up into the neck and stabbed into the ground.

and wait for more to come,do this whenever you can and put a dent in the numbers