Modern dries.

In recent year ive found modern dries far more effective than the ye olde types. 1 because theyre more boyant and 2 because they are more imative.

A couple that i have found to be the best, ever.

Stillwater mainly (Shipmans Buzzer)

11Shipmans.jpg

22Shipmans.jpg

33Shipmans.jpg

44Shipmans.jpg

Both Rivers and Stillwaters (Klinkhammer)

11klinkhammer.jpg

22klinkhammer.jpg

33klinkhammer.jpg

44klinkhammer.jpg

FinalKlinkhammer.jpg

Kilinkhammer1.jpg

Smudge

Them klinkhammers can do everything. Those are in size 14 an imitate emerging flies and hatched flies at the same time. Colour and size can change accordingly. Theyre a very good indiactor to an oncoming hatch i.e you start taking fish using one when theres nothing hatched, the flies are just emerging ;) Have you ever tried them like?

Smudge

yes Smudge, i used to tie them many moons ago, but i must confess to never really liking them , though i know many others have had great sucess. To be perfectly honest, althought i have a large fly collection i only really use a handful and these are tied in no specific pattern really, but patterns that i have caught on for years. good fishing... :good:

A few specials would be great Smudge.The way i fish isnt like yours but ime sure your flys would do the business.Can i PM you with my address to send them too?? : :good: :If you think any other flys would work after dark then i would love to try them.Thanks P.G :good::good: