• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 J Darcy

J Darcy

Gimplet

• Donator
  • 13,027 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:47 am

Well, i have always thought of these types of lamps to be not of any use to the lamper. In the past i have had experiences with some very poor models. At this years Midland i picked one of these lamps up for a good price and so i thought i would try it out. Firstly, the power; on the casing it states a daft figure of 2,000 000 CP , but i doubt very much if this is true. But, that said, i do think that the lamp is very powerful and easily good enough for lamping every critter. I havent ran one down fully yet so i cannot state just how long a charge lasts, but i will do soon enough. The drawback i have discovered so far is the spread of the beam. With my lightforce i am used to a good tight beam, but this Tracer was very wide, with shatfs of light going everywhere. I hope Deben sort this problem out.
This lamp would be ideal for someone just starting out, its cheap (£40) and powerful. It would be very useful to have with you in the car just to jump out and have a quick shine. Ideal for road-siding etc... ...if only they got the beam to tighten this lamp would be as good as anything else for short trips out.
Good hunting...JD

#2 lucky

lucky

Subscribed Member

• Donator
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:27 pm

i've been using them for about three seasons,they use the same bulb as the lightforce aswell.
when i'm looking for quarry i use the blitz then when i've spotted something i use the tracer as the extra bit of spread is very handy for land driving,giving me a wider field of view (dogs coming into the beam,getting to close to the car,dykes, ditches etc).
i dont know about the battery drain though because i only use them in the car so it's just plugged into the cigarette lighter socket,but i have noticed that they go through bulbs a bit quicker than the lightforce,and you have to take all the screws out and split the casing to change them.
i usually pay £38 for them but i got one from selby game fair for £29.50 which i think was a bargain :huh:

#3 IanB

IanB

------

• Administrator
  • 11,139 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 05:33 pm

Are they the ones with a self contained battery, normally 6v 4ah....

#4 lucky

lucky

Subscribed Member

• Donator
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 06:36 pm

i think the one JD has got is but the ones i use are exactly the same except there's no built in battery.
they just come with a coiled lead with the cigarette adaptor on the end :huh:

#5 Bandit

Bandit

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 02:20 pm

Tried one and didn't like it :cry:

#6 lost scouse

lost scouse

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:40 pm

jd would,nt mind finding out how long battery life is doesnt sound to bad bit of kit
:good:

#7 foxdropper

foxdropper

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:28 pm

Not used this particular model but the ones I have used only have a decent beam strength for just over an hour.Only good like darcy said,for short trips away from the vehicle!.

#8 hairyface

hairyface

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:07 pm

Well, i have always thought of these types of lamps to be not of any use to the lamper. In the past i have had experiences with some very poor models. At this years Midland i picked one of these lamps up for a good price and so i thought i would try it out. Firstly, the power; on the casing it states a daft figure of 2,000 000 CP , but i doubt very much if this is true. But, that said, i do think that the lamp is very powerful and easily good enough for lamping every critter. I havent ran one down fully yet so i cannot state just how long a charge lasts, but i will do soon enough. The drawback i have discovered so far is the spread of the beam. With my lightforce i am used to a good tight beam, but this Tracer was very wide, with shatfs of light going everywhere.  I hope Deben sort this problem out.
This lamp would be ideal for someone just starting out, its cheap (£40) and powerful. It would be very useful to have with you in the car just to jump out and have a quick shine. Ideal for road-siding etc... ...if only they got the beam to tighten this lamp would be as good as anything else for short trips out.
Good hunting...JD

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my first lamp was one of them and the battery life was 30-40mins of continouse use, but it took about 10-12hrs to charge, personnally i thought it was abit top heavy and awkward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users