nisan navara pick up

. Its a renault engine apparently and very badly designed

There are a great many reasons to dislike the French and this is just another one :big_boss:

I bet the c*nts did it on purpose :feck:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You probaly won't beleive this weejohn but I had the same thing only from cold and thought the worse! I contacted a service department where the car was previousely serviced and they said a new timing chain had been fitted and tensioners! so it ruled that one out....

The next advice I was offered which turned out to be bang on was to tighten the Alternator belt and others! so I did and the noise went :thumbs:. aparantly if these belts are slightly loose they cause some slap in the fly wheel making this noise, this slap disapeers when the oil pressure is up and only comes in on a cold engine...

Beleive me mate it sounds far fetched but my Motor made a hell of a clatter from cold but tightening these belts up cured it completley, give it a try mate!! they have to be pretty tight....

Jasper

thanks very much jasper :good:

d22 dont like towing big stuff as it will do you big ends in so dont tow diggers ect make sure the oil is changed would be a good idea to put a oil pressue gauge on it to keep an eye on oil presure .timeing chain problem most got recalled on the 02 plate .if you have had it done you will be ok you can check at the dealer for free ..look out for a tapping noise or clacking noise on start up then goes when warm, a wineing noise is the fan belts ,but make sure they are tight as it will throw the timeing cranks out ...apart from that you will be ok ..i have one also :whistling: good truck so look after it ..

Edited by rob reynolds uk