Toyota Hilux vs L200

I have an L200, it's my third. The first one (2000 model 4life) reached 100k and I traded it in for another. That one (a 2002 single cab) had some problems, but that was due to being crashed and badly repaired so no fault of the vehicle there. The new one (2004 club cab) has been great too so far. It's just coming up to 50k and hasn't had any issues yet.

They do wear the steering components a little fast, but I think all modern power steering trucks do because of the pressure put on them.

I have a friend with an old one and that's good too.

Navaras are good too from what I can make of them. A friend of mine has one and it's been ok as far as I know, but I prefer mine!

The Hilux has a good reputation, and I've driven some very old ones that still seemed to drive well for their age.

In my experience (or at least the experience of my ex bosses trucks), DO NOT BUY A VAUXHALL BRAVA. I wouldn't have one if it was free :wallbash::censored:

I must admit I like the Hilux and may well have one next time round, but then again I do like the new Navs too. It'll be a hard choice and knowing me I'll spend many hours compareing the two before I finally take the plunge, I think these days the way the fuel prices are going it makes sense to try and get a Motor that does all the things we need which is reliable and returning a fairly decent fuel consumption, If I can get a Pick up averageing around 30MPG that will do for me :thumbs:....

Jasper