MORE CULL BUCKS

Out for a stalk again to catch up with some lamp shy foxes , as I was walking through the wood I noticed out of the corner of my eye a fox no more than 20 yards from me so I froze , It hadnt seen me but when it stepped out onto the track it looked me straight in the eye. We stared at each other for about 5 second then the fox just slinked away into the wood. :no:

I continued further to a gorse covered gulley where I thought I might find a fox , but no instead I spied 2 bucks rubbing antlers with each other.

I crawled into a shootable position and watched them for a while , they kept rubbing heads with each other.

Finally one outstretched its neck , I placed the crosshairs on his neck and over he went , the 2nd buck trotted off into the gorse only to return aboot 20 seconds later , so another high neck shot and that was both of them culled.

I now had the unpleasant drag of about 1 mile back to the car .........the joys of stalking !!

post-29-1207481599.jpg

Well done Mark im sitting back just yet weather not been so good.I have kind of got on top of my main bit & not seen so many to cull but its early yet.I have shot 1 button buck i got into 10 3 of bucks but the 2 better went into wood & left me the wee lad but its a beast.

It's not good stalking till you deliver a good accurate shot at the end of it time and time again... :thumbs: .. which is usually in the heart or lung's..but these pot shot's still count.. :D ..as you still have game in the bag.. :thumbs:

Millet

Millet , these were not pot shots mate but deliberate calculated neck shots , dropping both beasts on the spot dead. :yes:

I shoot plenty deer in the heart and lungs as well , but this doesnt always drop them immediately. Therefore if I have a steady shot off the bipod I will go for a neck shot if possible , also saves on carcasse damage. :thumbs:

Havent got my Level 1 and 2 for nowt you know

:11:

Out for a stalk again to catch up with some lamp shy foxes , as I was walking through the wood I noticed out of the corner of my eye a fox no more than 20 yards from me so I froze , It hadnt seen me but when it stepped out onto the track it looked me straight in the eye. We stared at each other for about 5 second then the fox just slinked away into the wood. :no:

I continued further to a gorse covered gulley where I thought I might find a fox , but no instead I spied 2 bucks rubbing antlers with each other.

I crawled into a shootable position and watched them for a while , they kept rubbing heads with each other.

Finally one outstretched its neck , I placed the crosshairs on his neck and over he went , the 2nd buck trotted off into the gorse only to return aboot 20 seconds later , so another high neck shot and that was both of them culled.

I now had the unpleasant drag of about 1 mile back to the car .........the joys of stalking !!

post-29-1207481599.jpg

Well done Mark,

good shooting and a good start to the season for you.