Killing with a 12ft/lbs gun from 250 metres......

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow 250M = 273 Yards Thats one hell of a shot with 12ft/lb!! He must of aimed for the sky!! What a mong!!

:icon_eek::icon_eek::haha:

your right mate thats is some going isnt it ! his 12ft air rifle is in 223 and 22/250 ranges :D:shok:

I might ask the fella if he will sell me it hahahahaha!!! :gunsmilie:

Wow 250M = 273 Yards Thats one hell of a shot with 12ft/lb!! He must of aimed for the sky!! What a mong!!

:laugh: It's true, I tell you! He launched the pellet like a mortar!

40 yards is what you wanna be shooting at, but a did once shoot a maggy that was sat on a wall with 12ft pounds when i was a lad at just over 100 yards. it was more luck than management!!!!!!!!!! i aimed a good foot above and shot, was just trying to scare it and only once i walked over did i notice i ad killed it. couldn't do it again tho

40 yards is what you wanna be shooting at, but a did once shoot a maggy that was sat on a wall with 12ft pounds when i was a lad at just over 100 yards. it was more luck than management!!!!!!!!!! i aimed a good foot above and shot, was just trying to scare it and only once i walked over did i notice i ad killed it. couldn't do it again tho

Tell you what if he could really kill a bird rabbit ...in fact any game species (rodents included) at 250 meters (being 825ft) with a pellet from a 12ftlbs air rifle i wouldnt just buy him a pint id buy him the bar aswell.

The only way i can think tat he could kill any animal at that range with that gun is if he had arms like a gorilla and threw the gun at it and somehow managed to get a hit. at 250 meters he's even going out of 22 rimfire range for effective killing (note i said going out not gone out i concede it is possible to kill at 250 meters with a rim fire probably not very responsible if going for rabbit or larger tho).

lol stand back bigredbusa is going in , i have joined said boy racer forum and i will have a word with said young man once my account has been activated

dont worry i have chosen a car to use in this undercover quest ..

behold ...............................

da da dahhhh

saxo power

haha barry boy motor :clapper: :clapper:

Edited by JohnGalway

"A good foot above it's head" :wallbash: What you've wrote mate is no more probable than the topic of this post.Below is a reply I got when I asked about the trajectory of a sub 12ft/lb air rifle,the answers were for 70 yards.

By my calculations Tote, a medium weight .22 pellet fired from a sub 12ftlb gun would have dropped about 3 feet at 70 yds.if it was a .177 it would have still dropped about 22 inches.I cant be precise as my software only shows pellet drop to 50yds for sub 12ftlb :whistling: thats some amount of hold over to hit a kill zone the size of a 10p. :whistling:

36" drop at 70 yards in .22 calibre.

22" drop at 70 yards in .177 calibre

How much drop would there be at 100 yards?.

A bit more than "a good foot" I would think.

As for 250m :icon_eek: Why are we giving this thread the time of day. :doh:

"A good foot above it's head" :wallbash: What you've wrote mate is no more probable than the topic of this post.Below is a reply I got when I asked about the trajectory of a sub 12ft/lb air rifle,the answers were for 70 yards.

By my calculations Tote, a medium weight .22 pellet fired from a sub 12ftlb gun would have dropped about 3 feet at 70 yds.if it was a .177 it would have still dropped about 22 inches.I cant be precise as my software only shows pellet drop to 50yds for sub 12ftlb :whistling: thats some amount of hold over to hit a kill zone the size of a 10p. :whistling:

36" drop at 70 yards in .22 calibre.

22" drop at 70 yards in .177 calibre

How much drop would there be at 100 yards?.

A bit more than "a good foot" I would think.

As for 250m :icon_eek: Why are we giving this thread the time of day. :doh:

even then there is wind as soon as it leaves the barrel its dropping. all i can say is tell me where to get a air rifle like that ! :icon_eek: