Killing with a 12ft/lbs gun from 250 metres......

Basically I need to ask this question. Someone I know has a (quoted so excuse the poor spelling/grammar) ""Airarms S410 10 shot bolt action. Full allowed power legally (12 ft/lbs), with hawk 9X40 scoupe with mil drop points and night tinted lense, and silencer. Full length, with custom alloy 2 stage bio pod stand, 2 stage trigger, using air arms dynamic .22 pellets. Deadly up to 350 meters"

He claims he has dropped ducks with chest shots using his 12 Grain Super points from just under 300 metres!

Can someone please explain to this dissilusioned friend of mine what the maximum distance is for killing with his 12 ft/lb air gun. Thanyou! :victory:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think someone may be slightly taking the p*ss here.............don't you. :whistling:

Clean kill with head shot 35-40 yrds max..........in perfect conditions.

Rolfe.

PS. I did shoot a unicorn with a pop-gun last week :laugh: ........dropped it stone dead at just under 4 miles.

when i grew up in africa

we used to shoot elephants for there ivory

with an old BSA airsporter, .22 air rifle

with open sights at night...

it's easily done if you know where to hit them

just on the tip of the tail,it sends them into shock and with them having 2 hearts

one heart competes against the other,so subsequently they die of a heart attack

but if that failed

we used to finish them off with a GAT gun with the spring stretched,and the darts you used to get with them

if you don't believe me

google

big game hunting in BULLSHITZI land, Rhodesia :whistling:

don't get me started on the attck trained budgies i kept in Australia :whistling:

but hey thats another story :victory:

when i grew up in africa

just on the tip of the tail,it sends them into shock and with them having 2 hearts

but if that failed

we used to finish them off with a GAT gun with the spring stretched,and the darts you used to get with them

if you don't believe me

google

don't get me started on the attck trained budgies i kept in Australia :whistling:

Loved it!

when i grew up in africa

but if that failed

if you don't believe me

google

f###ing hilarious, for some reason i just cant stop laughing

brilliant. :clapper::clapper::notworthy::clapper::notworthy::good:

I think someone may be slightly taking the p*ss here.............don't you. :whistling:

Rolfe.

PS. I did shoot a unicorn with a pop-gun last week :laugh: ........dropped it stone dead at just under 4 miles.

It makes me laugh too. What's funny is the fact he's being serious. Here is his last response to me after I said he's wrong....

QUOTE: " honestly couldn't give two ****s about weather you belive it to be true or not, the fact is I am telling you something that happened. My Father was standing next to me at the 230 meter birdy, he acturly went to get the duck. If you choose to not belive that though your own lack of knowledge with these type of Rifles fine, but no need to try and be big headed about preaching that you know better".

I havent laughed so much in ages!

Edited by cornishhunter

Rolfe.

It makes me laugh too. What's funny is the fact he's being serious. Here is his last response to me saying he's wrong (quote) " honestly couldn't give two ****s about weather you belive it to be true or not, the fact is I am telling you something that happened. My Father was standing next to me at the 230 meter birdy, he acturly went to get the duck. If you choose to not belive that though your own lack of knowledge with these type of Rifles fine, but no need to try and be big headed about preaching that you know better".

I havent laughed so much in ages!

lol, well some people do live in a fantasy land