Wild boar in the UK

Was just wondering if anyone on here knew where to find wild boar in the northumberland area, I have looked around for tracks and signs in a few places which people have said there was boar there. But have not had any luck finding any. Does anyone have any information on where to find them here??

Information gratefully recieved, Thanks

Chopwell Woods, Gateshead, not realy Northumberland, but near enough.

Cheers.

Yeah I heard they were somewhere in chopwell woods aswell, I have had a good look through Prudhoe Woods but no signs im affraid.

They are definately there; they have been rooting up the golf course, and DEFRA had a marksman shoot one.

Cheers.

would that golf course be garesfield by any chance?

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
i asked the feo to put boar on my ticket ,he said no becouse there is no boar in the uk :wallbash:

Hi,

I have had Wild Boar AND Wild Goat on my FAC for 15 years now issued by South Yorks Police, you will need it entering on your certificate before you hunt boar or goat. Just tell your local feo to contact S.Yorks

. whats the law on hunting boar here?

After reading hundreds of posts in many topics on this great site I have come to the conclusion that the main rule in the British Isles for many forms of dog hunting is DON,T GET CAUGHT!!

When you consider my less than noble convict ancestory it should not surprise anybody that, within sporting paremeters, I fully support this rule,

cheers

Wasn't going to use dogs any ways I have a spaniel! :) wouldn't be much use on it's own!

TAKE YOUR SPANIEL YOU WILL BE SURPRISED HOW FAST IT PICKS UP FINDING AND BAILING PIGS .