Introducing Myself!

well if you where using artifitial light to shoot them after dark the only legal way would be pest controle in man made structures....but dont quote me on that lol...

who said anything about artificial light?!!

Roost shooting involves shooting pigeons as they fly in to the woods at the end of the day to roost - you know that already right?

This place is so jumpy - bloddy hell!

First I get saddled with a bloody troll who used to be known as 'guevara' and now I'm being asked tricky questions!

Oh well - onwards and upwards!

Cheers,

John.

just a few twats about at the mo fella

Phew....you're not kidding!

I was just about to give up - it's one thing having a site full of lively debate and banter but it is another if new members get bombarded by trolls and treated like the enemy!

cheers,

John.

Hello and Happy Easter to you all!

My name is John and I am returning to shooting after a break of 20 years or so!

I used to do a lot of rough shooting down in Hampshire before career pressures took over but I kept renewing my shotgun certificate in anticipation of one day getting back into the sport.

I was invited out roost shooting pigeons the other weekend and have realised how much I have been missing the scene. I was embarassingly rusty in my shooting but thoroughly enjoyed scaring every pigeon that came near!

I think I am going to try an O/U gun - have always shot S/S before - and whilst it now looks like I'm going to have to re-learn how to shoot properly, I may as well learn to use a different gun. I was never a crackshot but think I will take a few lessons this time!

I am looking at buying a second-hand Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 12g, probably fixed chokes 1/4 and 1/2 - basic model. Anyone got an opinion on this gun?

Look forward to checking out this forum and making some new cyber friends!!

Cheers,

John.

hi & :welcomeani:

davy

enjoy your stay it can get a bit lively at times but thats what makes this a good site :victory:

Cheers Woodga!

You are right about the liveliness making it interesting - that is a good thing.

The other night some prat was on bothering my threads and implying that there was something iffy about my motives but the mods seem to have sorted that out now!

Cheers,

John.