wild boar

Too right they are a little differnt to feral pigs :wacko: alright!! A like stabs said they are very well established, just stay away when they have piglets as they get a bit hot under the collar :blink:

Seen a video of Dogo's doing the biz on European boar tho!!

i know how big these european boars get up too, i hunt with an ex serbian game keeper and he has explained the methods used both in the former yugoslavia and hungrey. the type of dog he used was a small type of dog that bailed exactly the same way he is now doing over here, a type of dachund and jagd terriers, he has told me how they have used airedale terriers and hounds as well, he has said that the pig we have in nz is very similar to the wild boar and in areas where the feed is good can get up to some impressive weights well over the 200lb mark. like deer the feed is the key to getting a good trophy, not every boar is a 400lb monster and most of the big ones he has shoot he has feed up for a number of years.

There's alot getting about in the dorest area now. Keepers are having there work cut out trying to keep them out of there game covers at night they say that over a period of nights they completely wipe out the crops and root up holes all over the fields. :o I inquired about hunting them and the keeper :icon_eek: laughed :haha: and said leave it to the big rifle's :angry::angry: if you want to run your dogs again :cry::cry:

There's alot getting about in the dorest area now. Keepers are having there work cut out trying to keep them out of there game covers at night they say that over a period of nights they completely wipe out the crops and root up holes all over the fields. :o I inquired about hunting them and the keeper  :icon_eek: laughed :haha: and said leave it to the big rifle's :angry:  :angry: if you want to run your dogs again :cry:  :cry:

Quite right,leave it to the rifles !

If you doubt this look at the driven shoots in poland and France they use about 30 dogs per drive yet the hogs are all shoot!!!!!

Tells you somthing.

Pockets maybe they dont know what real dogs are matelol no Id would have to say leave to the big rifles but If I had a couple of big bull xs at the side of me and saw one in a field I might be tempted to slip them :icon_eek:

ive hunted both feral pigs and russian boar we used runing walkers ,mountain curs ,and coyote hounds , piomter dogo crooses for draw dogs , pionter oit bulls ,had good sport and e kept afew young russian bore alive for trainig young hounds in pens etc great sport we had trackers on the dogs some were 4 miles from were we let them go hard hunting but good sport