wild boar

it was in todays paper that a farmer released some wild boar in the forest of dean just before xmas.

a heard of over 20 have been spotted in the area .

land owners have been given permision to shoot them if they roam onto there land.

so anyone with permision around there might get a chance with them :icon_redface:

ya don't need those bloody elephants, anything with half bully will hold just make sure you use a pair and not a single dog on it's own. your lurchers should be able to stop them once they learn to find them,{ a bit of bailing a tame pig in a sty will give them a head start or if ya know someone with some half grown piglets let them chase and bail them up. ya only need to do it a few times and they soon get idea. i don't think them wild boar would be to big if they only been released recently those 300lb+ boars do take a while to grow, 4 to 5 years. :)

I know a lad who was out after them this weekend :whistle: :whistle: :D

I have a trip of about 4 miles to my nearest ones.... :D

Kiwi these pigs over here (not the colony these boys are talking about though) have been wild and breeding for some time and they are not the same type as you and the Aussies hunt....these are big nasty Polish/Russian/German imports...get up to around 400lb and fight like fury.

When I've hunted this type over the water, the boys over there wouldn't dream of using dogs on them as they prefer the flush and shoot methods. They have dogs bred for this kind of lark "Posokowiec Bawarski" known to our German brothers as Bayrischer Gebirgsschweisshund and also a type called "Gonczy Polski" Both of these types are also used on bear. It's very effective, but nowhere near as much fun as you and the Aussies have! :lol: